Re: Favorites are no longer working
ralph2018
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is Verizon Working on this? !!! Over a week this has been going on!

We are paying for a service that just only works when it likes?  The remotes they give out stop working so typing in the Ch. # is a near impossibly. and know you have to scroll thu all the stations!!? All this for a premium $$

If Verizon has any idea as to what is going on they should at least let us know and give an estimate of how long their equipment is going to malfunction.

0 Likes
Re: Complaint department
BVBJR
Enthusiast - Level 1

I HAVE BEEN HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE FAVORITES ON MY TV. THE PROBLEMS HAVE BEEN GOING ON FOR SEVERAL WEEKS. I HAVE CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE SEVERAL TIMES AND NO ONE HAS FIXED THE PROBLEMS. IT SEEMS AS THOUGH VERIZON FIOS HAS NO TECHNICAL PEOPLE THAT CAN SOLVE PROBLEMS.

Re: Removed Channels Keep Reappearing on Favorites List
Pahiker1
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah, same here, not matter how many times I remove them channel 1642 keeps showing up and it says it's no longer a provided channel.

Fallonjd
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been having this problem since early December.  Chat line and voice line Tech support is virtually non-existent. They give you scripted answers whether they fit the problem or not. Their first step is always rebooting the STB's and reinstalling the latest software,  which of course erases all of your favorites.  I have already gone throught the procedurea dozen times of selecting a favorite list for each of 3 boxes, deleting Favorites 2, which I have never used. Only to find in a couple of days that Favorites 1 list has had channels added and deleted and Favorites 2 has repopulated it self again.

I count on the favorties feature to help my wife with a very low vision problem.  She memorizes the number of sations up or down from a given point. But, this random changes and the favorites 2 popping up is very bad for her and drives me crazy also.

The last 2 times I chatted wre very bad. I was told they wre elevating the problem to a higher support level who would call me back by 10 AM the next day. Three days later I chatted again and said where is the call.  Instead he told me he was going to make an appointment for a tech to come to my home and fix the problem. I smelled a rat and asked who was going to pay for it. I was told they would give me an esitmate. I had an estimate to resolve your problem and you equipment. He insisted and told me they would probably want to replace all my wiring and outlet boxes. I told him forget it.

So is Verizon going to fix this problem or not. Because I will not go on with this too much longer and I am already shopping around to those offering to buy me out of my just renewed  Fios contract (I now believe I made a big mistake)

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is anyone having this issue on anything other than legacy stbs?

Pahiker1
Contributor - Level 1

Nope, I have the older box as well.

0 Likes
oceanwve
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same for me.  The repair ticket is now closed but the problem remains.  What's wrong Verizon?

0 Likes
Pahiker1
Contributor - Level 1

I think a poorly trained support staff. I finally managed to get to the option where I could chat with a live person. After working with them for a while they decided that I needed to reset my router. I asked if I would lose anything, his reply was no, everything will be the same and I would be automatically reconnected to the chat. Wrong! It reset everything, including the password. After playing around to get my computer to connect to the router the chat session was lost. Not everyone has the luxury of having the router near the computer, mine happens to be well out of reach and sight. Even so, the tech person should have known that doing a reset would erase any changes to default.

0 Likes
Newsy Won't Go Away
TEarly1
Enthusiast - Level 1

"Newsy" (Channels 113 and 613 on my system in VA) "appeared" on my Favorites list without being put there and resists all my efforts to "remove."  Over and over.  And, yes, I know how to work the feature and it has worked fine with other channels.  My only thought is that VZ is pushing the channel to the favorites lists for some reason.  Suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Newsy Won't Go Away
Pahiker1
Contributor - Level 1

I don't think that's the problem, I think their software is just screwed up and they don't care enough to fix it. I'm having the same problem with channel 1642 (FUSE), the description says, "This channel has been removed", so it's not like they're trying to promote it.

There is no way to really delete it, I managed to delete it once, then I saved the changes to the cloud, later when I had to restore setting guess what? 1642 was back, now nothing I do will delete it. They just don't care.