Replacement STB had no verizon software installed
failedwordsmith
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi all,

I had an issue with an existing STB that couldn't be fixed, so I was sent a replacement.

When the replacement arrived, I followed the instructions, and requested activation over the phone.

The box boots up to a blue screen with a lot of test data and numbers, and references the factory box settings.  It looks like an old computer monitor.  I am receiving channels and everything, but I have no access to the Verizon menus, or OnDemand.  I can access the factory menus for the box, which are unstyled, and very old-school looking.

It's almost as if there was never any Verizon software on the box.  Has anyone ever heard of this?  I got on the line with Verizon support, and they were convinced I was looking at my TV's menu, not the box's menu.

Can Verizon flash me a new software image, or do you think I need a new replacement?

Thanks,

Tom

0 Likes
Re: Replacement STB had no verizon software installed
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

If there is nothing wrong with the box it can have its software reloaded.   Best Call VERIZON at 1-800-Verizon.

For less serious problems you may be able to get it to reset following http://www.verizon.com/support/residential/tv/fiostv/receivers/troubleshooting/questionsone/84875.ht... 

0 Likes