Replacing Verizon FIOS
RichieRich

"Favorites" doesn't work. Wasted the entire day waiting at home for the service appointment and the tech was a NO {please keep your posts courteous} SHOW...a weekend shot-to-he!!. I'm so sick of Verizons lousy customer service...anyone have any suggestions, DishNetwork, Comcast, etc. to recommend when I get this Verizon equipment pulled out?

Message Edited by CharlotteS on 09-27-2008 10:30 PM
0 Likes
Re: Replacing Verizon FIOS
HenryFarpolo
Contributor - Level 2
You need to do some research and decide which service is best for your situation. Sometimes the devil you know is better than the devil you don't. Look at cost, physical requirements, channel offerings, picture quality, reliability and reputation. Check out user forums for your options and see what user issues there might be.
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Menu/ Settings/ Favorites/ Favorites Button. Change from flip to favorite, to Show Favorites Listing. I know my 1.6 upgrade changed this, and the Favorites button did not work afterwords. With the 1.6 upgrade you may need to re add your Favorites. I know at first I did not see any need for multiple favorites listings. But have since found a use for it. You know Favorites 2 I use for Movies, Premiums, and HD. The Favorites 1 I use like I always did. I just with when chaning Favorites with the Favorites button, the guide would show an indication of which one was displayed.

This may or may not be your issue.

I also do not like VZ customer service. But go to the Better Business Bureau web site and compare the number of Complaints. VZ is sill lagging behind Comcast, not by much.

0 Likes
RichieRich
That wasn't it. I added a few to Favorites 2 as a test. They DO NOT show up even though if you go back through Settings/Favorites they are there. AND, strange channels DO show up that I never toggled. Service Tech was supposed to bring a new Router...but stiffed me after I waited home all day. How about switching to DishNetwork? Many of my neighbors have a little dish on their roof. I'll knock doors.
0 Likes
RichieRich
Second tech called. Pretty much decuced it was the Router. They will mail one. Should all be back to normal Wed. Both service people were nice to talk to on the phone. I do wish Verizon had a store-front I could drive to for the exchange instead of going through the mail.
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
How did they decide that the router is causing the problem with the favorites? I don't think that is the problem but let us know when you setup the new router.
0 Likes
RichieRich
Because the channel guide updating comes from the Router. They could communicate with the main box in the basement...but not the Router upstairs.
0 Likes
ItsMyLife

Wow, who knew favorites were that important to anybody.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
If they can't communicate then the internet should not be working correctly either. Yes the guide does come from the internet, so does the widgets and video on demand. Do any of these work?
0 Likes
RichieRich

I don't have Internet(won't allow a computer in the house) --- 8 hours a day at work is enough.

I have the bare minimum FIOS TV and a virtual pay phone...phone costs about $5/month and I pay for each call (about 3/week).

0 Likes