Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

Reset Verizon Media Server

TJMagee
Contributor
Contributor

Reset Verizon Media Server

Message 1 of 3
(19,450 Views)

Is it possible to reset one of my Verizon Media Servers so that I can go through the naming and import options again?

2 REPLIES 2
hlppls
Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I

Re: Reset Verizon Media Server

Message 2 of 3
(19,403 Views)

Pull the power cord. As soon as you plug it in start rapidly pressing the menu button on the remote until the display says run. then arrow down until the display says cold. then press OK.

If the box is working I wouldnt waist my time doing it to rename the box or retry the import. You can rename the box in the menu and if the import didnt work it will not work trying it again. I was told there will be an update in july and the import option will be available in the dvr menu.

strangiato
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Reset Verizon Media Server

Message 3 of 3
(19,251 Views)

Thanks hlppls!

This worked perfectly for me!  I had not tried the import during setup because I didn't realize that the "Living Room" name that I was seeing was the old box, and not the new one, so I bypassed it.  When I added the first media client, I realized that there was a name in the list that only existed in the old setup, so I wanted to redo the MS setup.

That saved me a lot of work!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title