RESUME Play not working
Steve191
Enthusiast - Level 1

For a while now when ever we rent an on demand movie or watch any movie from the on demand menu if we pause or stop the movie and then return after choosing RESUME play the movie starts for a second where we left off but then reverts back to the beginning.

This is a real pain especially since pausing an on demand show only lasts for a short time then stops the show causing us to return to the beginning.

Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions? I suspect it is a bug?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: RESUME Play not working
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes.
This is a well documented deficiency in the FIOS VOD system.

As always, search is your friend before posting.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes.
This is a well documented deficiency in the FIOS VOD system.

As always, search is your friend before posting.

0 Likes
Netflix
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, fine - it is documented  - I have been complaining about this for 6 months or so - even documenting it via a chat. I was told someone would contact me with a fix or a new box, but we have heard nothing. It happened again Saturday night while we were watching a rental with our grandchildren - we stopped to get dinner and had to FF over an hour to catch up. Still waiting for a contact.

Jmger
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey Grob - documenting a problem is not solving it. 

0 Likes
Resume on demand still not a resolved issue, or maybe it is.
Jmger
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just finished a live chat with a technician on this subject, 

{edited for privacy}

So, I guess the problem is not with Verizon but with the movie studios or format of the video or something outside of Verizon/s control. 

Problem therefore must be resolved.  Right?

0 Likes
Re: RESUME Play not working STILL????? 4 YEARS??
Tracynhs1

I see this issue documented as far back as 2011. RESUME PLAY does not work.  FAST FORWARD is disabled. If I "resume play" - in the same room or if I move to another - the movie starts over from the beginning. Verizon blames someone else for it? Has anyone ever uncovered a fix for this? (Or an actual reason? I don't actually care about the reason; the "fix" on the other hand....) Frustrating and a time waster. Thanks.

0 Likes
Redspider1

Yes! Qutie frequently, and I notice it is on CBS On Demand when I watch Survivor. Very frustrating when  I only have time to wath part of the show, and then go to watch the rest only to be forced to start from the beginning with no ability to fast-forward. I read below that Verizon says it is an outside problem. It would be nice if they contacted the folks and find otu how to fix it.

0 Likes