Rewind Jump on VOD
ryanv87

So This porblem has been happeneing over the past month and I don't know if this is just my STB or everyones has.

First off I have a

Cisco CHS 335HDC STB

My problem is that recently anytime I have a VOD and need to rewind and hit the rewind button instead of rewinding it jumps a good 15-20 mins back and then starts rewinding. Doesn't matter if it's a movie or a network show. 

I wanted to see if there was any solution anyone would know of. It's driving me nuts!!!

Thanks in advance!!!!

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Rewind Jump on VOD
hallrk
Contributor - Level 2

I have had the same problem too. Except it will go back to the beginning of the movie or show.

0 Likes
jimbo21chris

Same probelm here

0 Likes
bh750

Ive been having the same problem for weeks/months. havent been able to enjoy much on demand programming as a result. each time i tryto rewind it takes me back to the beginning.  I'm on here now after searching the internet - a fios support person is telling me right now its a server issue that is effecting 100% of fios customers.  And it will be fixed soon -- as in a few weeks.  I find that hard to beleive this a problem effecting everyone and, if so, it will take them weeks to fix. 

Anyone know anymore about this issue?

0 Likes
abulls

I have the same problem. No matter where I am in a VOD, if miss something and try to rewind it jumps all the way back to like the same random spot in the very beginning of the movie or show.  I have been on live chat with a rep for over an hour now (named Arjun) and after he couldn't fugure out the problem he had the nerve to try and tell me that On Demand movies and shows just don't have the ability to rewind just to get me off the chat.  I asked him why he had been spending the last hour rebooting my box and sending commands if the videos aren't able to rewind to begin with and why I have always been able to rewind them until now and he has be "consulting" with his team for last 30 minutes. I'm considering switching to another carrier when the reps here lie to you get you of the line.

0 Likes
jnine1

The same thing happens to me.  I try to rewind a minute's worth, and it goes back to the beginning of the show.  Very annoying.  What to do?  Anyone find a solution?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This thread is old.

Please create a new one and provide info such as what model STB do you have and what model router?

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes