Root Sports tiling in Pittsburgh
Androidatic
Enthusiast - Level 3
Are any other users experiencing tiling on Root Sports in Pittsburgh? I'm having the same problem on multiple TV's and the problem isn't on any other channels?
0 Likes
Re: Root Sports tiling in Pittsburgh
bob4281
Enthusiast - Level 2

No problems with Roots sport (pgh) here.  Try autocorrect.

0 Likes
FiosAJK
Yes our Root Sports is horribly bad. Couldn't watch the last two Penguin games
0 Likes
siannan112

I am having the same tiling issue on one TV.  I actually was not able to get Root HD on this TV last week.  I was sent a new box, and I get the channel now.  It is just unwatchable.  I have a 7100 box on the TV with issues.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Tune to that channel, then hit menu go down to settings and then select system info.  On system info you will see a thing that says press info for more details

so press info on your remote, and look at the two SNR lines,   one will have a number.  

If that number is below 32 then you have an issue with the cable coming from the wall to the box.  

Unhook it at both ends, rehook it back in nice and snug.  leave it on that page, it will automatically refresh.  If the number doesn't get above 32 then try to replace the cable or call verizon for a tech.  If you have their inside wire maintenance plan, then it should be free to have a tech come by.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Androidatic

Since we haven't heard back from you as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes
nineys
I'm having the same issue. I did have the tech come out and the issue still isn't resolved. It is happening on all of our TVs and the Penguin's games are unwatchable. We are very disappointed and we don't know what to do next. I really don't feel like getting on the phone and being on hold forever. I'm also really tired of paying for a service that doesn't work right, It isn't happening to any of our other channels. It looks awful watching it on the non HD channel. This is the one channel that we really want to work, as we are huge hockey fans!
0 Likes
pghsportsfan

I realize this is an old thread but thank you for the helpful information. Much more useful than the time wasted with Verizon support making me do all the things I had already tried. When this happened last year they sent me a new cable card and the problem was fixed. This time they sent me a new cable card again and it worked for less than a week. The only HD channel with tiling and no signal issues (currently)  is RootSportsHD. It is consistently dropping SNR under 20 and often down to 0 (unable to tune channel error). Other surrounding HD channels have SNR in 38 range. Last year when this happened I had tiling/signal loss on multiple HD channels eventually. But right now it is just RootSports Pittsburgh HD as far as I can tell. Any ideas?

Thank you for your time!

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have more than 1 connection?

Might be bad cable or connection.

0 Likes