Router and caller ID
rottenkid
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a D-link router. I guess I need an actiontec router to receive caller ID on my tv. Is there any advandages or disadvantages over one or the other.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Router and caller ID
hracer
Contributor - Level 2

The Actiontec has the moca needed to communicate with the set top boxes. The Actiontec was specifically designed for the Verizon fios service. The router functions of the Actiontec router are the same as the D-Link, but with more feature and design for the video communication. Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

hracer
Contributor - Level 2

Can you clarify your question more? Are you asking about the different routers or using the Caller ID on the TV?

0 Likes
rottenkid
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm asking about the routers. The D-link has worked flawless with everything I have (Wii, Roku, wireless printer, Ipods, Laptop...). I guess I was just  wondering if there are any issues with the actiontec, not that there should be, but you never know. Thanks

0 Likes
hracer
Contributor - Level 2

The Actiontec has the moca needed to communicate with the set top boxes. The Actiontec was specifically designed for the Verizon fios service. The router functions of the Actiontec router are the same as the D-Link, but with more feature and design for the video communication. Hope that helps.

rottenkid
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, that helps. That's exactly what I needed to know. Thank you.

0 Likes
zoook2010

How to have my caller ID shown on my TV

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Click Menu > Settings > caller id  and then select "check availability" and follow the instructions.    

0 Likes