Running a new coax cable?
jattardi
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently hooked up a TV in my bedroom only to realize that my Fios TV wasn't working in that room. I think the cable is bad, because even when I connect the TV directly to the coax connector I don't get any channels. (In other rooms, with working cable, I do.)

So I think I need to have a new cable run from my 2nd floor bedroom, preferably through the walls so it's not an ugly installation.

Is this something Verizon could do, or do I need to hire an electrician to do it? (I am not the DIY type... I tend to leave things worse than I found them :)).

0 Likes
Re: Running a new coax cable?
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you want I the walls then yes I would get an electrician.

If you have a jack in the in that room already it just might not be connected to the main splitter in the basement. I'd check that before hiring an electrician.

0 Likes
jattardi
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have this coax tester that I used to test the jack. I put one of the colored remotes on the jack, then I checked every cable going down into my basement, and none of them lit up the tester. So the cable must either be bad, or the cable from the bedroom goes somewhere else that I don't know about (this jack has been dead since I bought the house).

Anyway, I called Verizon and they are going to send someone out tomorrow morning so hopefully they will figure out what's going on.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If there is a splitter between that jack and the basement those testers will not work. It has to be a homerun from basement and jack. Wiring will typically go down from attic to jack so that wore might either be unplugged or on a splitter in attic. 

0 Likes