Samsung Smart TV FiOS App not working
wstrow
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a new Samsung Smart TV with the Verizon FiOS app installed, and its not working.  When i attempt to start the app, i get the error "unable to fetch data, please exit the application and relanch".  Exiting and relanching the app does no good.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app 3 times, and it is stil not fixed  I updated the TV's software, then uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and its still not working.  I contacted Samsung customer service, and they could not get the app to work either.  if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.  Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Smart TV FiOS App not working
samitk
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am facing the same issue - were you able to figure out a way around it?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
wstrow
Enthusiast - Level 1

[Darth Vader voice]   I find this forum's lack of support disturbing.

No one else is having a problem with their smart tv app???

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@wstrow wrote:

[Darth Vader voice]   I find this forum's lack of support disturbing.

No one else is having a problem with their smart tv app???

Darth, don't be disturbed.  We're all just humans you know. 

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Need to try shutting off TV and starting again.

And you may be low on memory on your Samsung.  Samsung doesn't make it easy to manage the memory other than by deleting some unused apps.

wstrow
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the helpful suggestions.  However, I've restarted the TV dozens of times, and its nowhere close to the memory maximum.  I also deleted a bunch of apps that I will not be using, and still it doesn't work.  I also forgot to mention that I've tried it with both the wired and wireless internet connection, and I have the 50/25 internet service.  

I guess I'll call customer service.

0 Likes
samitk
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am facing the same issue - were you able to figure out a way around it?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not sure why it doesn't work for you.  I have it woking on two different models (same year) TV's.  A PN51E550 and PN64E8000.

0 Likes
madwizard

I'm not sure how this qualifies as "solved", since there is no action recommended.  I also have a Samsung PN64E8000 (Software version 1054) and I can't get it to work.  All I get when I start the app is the "Connecting" circle.  When I force it to go to the "Settings" menu as prescribed (I used B/Search, then Tools, then scroll to Settings) it just hangs instead of allowing me to request an Activation Code.  Is it just a matter of waiting a really long time for the "Connecting" circle to time out and then will it automatically give you an Activation Code?  If so, it might be a good idea to add that to the installation instructions for the app.

0 Likes
AMB221
Issue is definitely not solved. The app stopped working about a week ago, and nothing in the way of a fix from Verizon. I've tried everything imaginable at my end - new router, plugged in Ethernet cable rather than wifi, reinstalled app, etc, etc...very disappointed in the lack of support from verizon. The app was my primary means of watching FiOS, and this has rendered my tv virtually useless.
0 Likes
jdc_va_usmc
Enthusiast - Level 2

My FIOS app stopped working on my Samsung Smart TV this past Wednesday, 15 October.  It used to work great before that, now all I get is the "Detecting Network" circle of death.  I have turned off/on TV, unplugged TV, reset FIOS router, re-installed FIOS app, etc. 

0 Likes