Re: Fios TV app removed from my Samsung TV leaving my TV worthless to me
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

It is unfortunate that the thread carried on past the OP's solution, but as the current discussion has been ongoing for some time, all comments and new threads would be merged here in order to provide a single source of information and feedback that is easier to find.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@rent302 wrote:

Sorry! not buying that the Verizon Moderator in the "Technical Assistance" forum can't offer any service or AT LEAST useful information to customers on an major and ongoing issue that originally surfaced more than a YEAR ago.

IT did not surface a year ago.  I would have to check to be sure, but I think it was around October 2014.

AND YES the Technical forum is peer to peer.  Sometimes the admins may point you to doc that solves a problem, but they will not comment about ungoing problems as those need to be opened as problem records.  Futures are not discussed until an announcement is made by the area responsible.

All Admins and the few techs here have a Verizon Logo of some sort attached to their id's.  CL's such as myself, are just customers.

0 Likes
markob50

I wanted to pass on this help. It does not solve the problem, but it is a work around. I have a samsung 60es8000F tv, my app is gone also. The tv is a 2012 model, so who knows if this problem will be resolved for me or not.

So what I did is buy a roku 3 and installed it using  a cat 5 cable from my modem to the back of the tv, you can also use it wireless. Great little device. I can also use it to watch net flix in 1080p, and other things. Thus avoiding the smart hub if you wish.  What i am doing is using my cell phone and mirroring the fios app to my tv and I get all my channels. The Roku 3 requires firmware 4.4.2 as a minium on an Anderoid phone. Currently I don't think it is compatible with iphone. The Roku 3 costs about $100.00. Like I said this is not a solution, but a work around for the problem.

0 Likes
VB23454
Enthusiast - Level 2

@markob50 wrote:

I wanted to pass on this help. It does not solve the problem, but it is a work around. I have a samsung 60es8000F tv, my app is gone also. The tv is a 2012 model, so who knows if this problem will be resolved for me or not.

So what I did is buy a roku 3 and installed it using  a cat 5 cable from my modem to the back of the tv, you can also use it wireless. Great little device. I can also use it to watch net flix in 1080p, and other things. Thus avoiding the smart hub if you wish.  What i am doing is using my cell phone and mirroring the fios app to my tv and I get all my channels. The Roku 3 requires firmware 4.4.2 as a minium on an Anderoid phone. Currently I don't think it is compatible with iphone. The Roku 3 costs about $100.00. Like I said this is not a solution, but a work around for the problem.

You are doing this because you don't have cable connecting to your TV?  Couldn't you just load the FIOS app for your cell phone and mirror that?  I tried the mirror function and I was not happy with it.

0 Likes
dscotten
Enthusiast - Level 1

You folks have given us a great deal of helpful information. I did download the FIOS app on my ipad and I know it will download on the Android phone. My question here is: how can I connect it to the Samsung? (from the Ipad, 4thGeneration)...will the bluetooth connect it? I guess I could buy another Apple TV and mirror from my computer, but the resolutions aren't that great. I am afraid I am not very savvy about this. I also placed another comment on the facebook page...I encourage others to do the same.

@VB23454 wrote:

@markob50 wrote:

You are doing this because you don't have cable connecting to your TV?  Couldn't you just load the FIOS app for your cell phone and mirror that?  I tried the mirror function and I was not happy with it.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Smart TV FiOS App not working
chewy611
Enthusiast - Level 2

My FIOS app work for several months, now it isn't. And the app is still located in the store shopping cart.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@chewy61 wrote:

My FIOS app work for several months, now it isn't. And the app is still located in the store shopping cart.

MY FIOS APP is not the Smart TV APP.  I saw another thread discussing it and mentioning some were having trouble that was hoped to be fixed soon,  FIND THAT thread.

0 Likes
mkstretch
Enthusiast - Level 2
I looked at the release notes for the latest firmware for my Samsung 40" smart tv. The release notes mention added support for Fios tv app.
0 Likes
chewy611
Enthusiast - Level 2
I'm not sure what did it, but the application works now.
0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model TV?

0 Likes