samsung tv and dvr
sue793

I was told that I need to download software from samsung and put it into my tv because samsung and LG tvs are a problem with the verizon dvrs.

Has anyone else heard this?  Any advice as to how to fix it?

Thanks Sue

0 Likes
Re: samsung tv and dvr
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
There was an issue with the Samsung TV and Verizon DVR box when using the HDMI cable. I haven't heard anything about downloading software.
0 Likes
Oni54
I got the same problem with my sony Bravia set. HDMI does not work with HD DVR box. Verizon tech told me this is a problem with Samsung, toshiba, basically all the good HD sets. Tech also said they were waiting for a firmware upgrade to fix problem. Also, new 7200 STB should fix this once they release the box. I was very disappointed since I had to turn off the Media Manager features since it didn't work. Verizon should be more open about this issue. They also should not release a product that doen't work with most sets.
0 Likes
texastown
HDMI has been a problem with Verizon boxes since the beginning.  All you have to do is use component (red/green/blue) cables instead.  They work fine and the picture is equal to HDMI.  With component you will need audio cable also, but it's worth it to have all the features work without problems.
0 Likes