Scheduled series are not recording on DVR (Old issue for many)
TVjazzman

So, as newest digital Fios DVR gets updates get applied over time, more and more of my DVR scheduled programs stop recording. They exist in the list of Scheduled recordings but never actually record. The most recent loss is BBC New America. When I delete the entry in Scheduled Recordings and attempt to re-establish a new recording listing for daily recording, I get a message that says, "Series recording scheduled, however since this is repeat, this recording will not be recorded" or some wording like that. I've confirmed with BBC America/ AMC Networks that this time-frame of the record is the original recording so this is NOT a repeat of the episode. Plus, I set the DVR to record "First Run and, Repeats" so that would rectify that if in fact it was a real issue. I have "corrected my DVR using "correct DVR/STB issues" in Customer Support etc. I have rebooted the DVR etc. It recently took away another program "CBS Saturday Morning" I had to quickly build a "Manual Recording" to get it to take. But attempting to add another entry in "scheduled recordings" would not allow me under the Show Title as I had already built a "Manual Recording"

Short of returning my DVR or a complete reset of the DVR which would include losing recordings I have, does anyone have any new approach to this issue?

0 Likes
Re: Scheduled series are not recording on DVR (Old issue for many)
Rupert230

I am having the same problem, would love to hear anyone’s solution.

0 Likes
Re: Scheduled series are not recording on DVR (Old issue for many)
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Rupert31 wrote:

I am having the same problem, would love to hear anyone’s solution.

Try running this troubleshooter and see if it helps:

Main Menu > Customer Support > Top Support Tools > Fix Fios TV Issues.

0 Likes