Scrambled picture for USAHD, SYFYHD and BRAVOHD
KellyMeryl

Sometime between December and late January, USAHD, SYFYHD and BravoHD all crapped out and became too pixilated to watch.  I am using a Tivo3 with 2 Cable Cards, so this is not related to a cable box.

From other notes I see online, this may be related to NBC Universal changing their compression on these channels.  But I don't pay NBC Universal for HD, I pay Verizon.  I have shows on USA and SYFY that I watch in HD and this is a real problem for me.

Will this be resolved any time soon?  Is there a fix I can make on the decoder side?

0 Likes
Re: Scrambled picture for USAHD, SYFYHD and BRAVOHD
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

There is no decoder settings to change. Tiling comes from a degraded signal. Reseat the coax from your tuner card to the wall jack. If that doesn't fix it try another coax cord. If you are still having troubles after that, we will need to dig a bit deeper. Please reply back letting us know the outcome.

0 Likes
Re: Scrambled picture for USAHD, SYFYHD and BRAVOHD
seagreen

It is only certain channels: Comedy Central, Bravo, SYFY, USA, and a couple more, and only on HD.  Every other HD channel and all SD channels are fine.  We're a little disheartened by missing the entire last season of Futurama, Daily Show, and Colbert Report because of what seems like video corruption, missing codecs, or something simple like that.

It isn't an unseated coax, since it is specific channels, and attempts to wiggle the wire or unhook and rehook the coax have not done anything (haven't switched the corrupted channels, haven't made them better, haven't made others worse, etc).

0 Likes