screen black outs - money refunded?
jb3710
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think this screen blacking out thing has gotten to the point where I am going to try to request a refund on the TV portion of my triple play package. I estimate it happens every 5 to 10 minutes or so here in New York.

Has anyone tried to get a refund? Any success?

0 Likes
Re: screen black outs - money refunded?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

well if it happens because it's an hdmi issue, and you refuse to go to component cables to resolve the issue, then I don't think they will give you the refund.  you can give it a shot though, see what happens. 

0 Likes
jb3710
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's how the techs installed it. I will ask them to come out again to install component if that's what they say.

This is a serious problem that Verizon needs to do something about immediately.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

yeah, I would give them a call, they could probably send you the cables and you could connect them real easily.  

0 Likes
demonstr8r
Enthusiast - Level 3

This problem is not limited to HDMI, it happens with component cables too, which I has experienced first hand, and the service tech confirmed it as well.  However, the online technical support rep offered to send me a 6xxx series box that he said would solve my problem, but I declined because I read on the forums that people with the 6xxx boxes are also experiencing the problem too.  There is a new firmware update (1.7) being rolled out and tested in Texas and California, which appears to fix the problem, but offers many other problems in exchange.  My only suggestion is to call the billing department and demand some money back each month until they fix the problem.

0 Likes