Screen saver when pausing?
tented
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is there a screen saver that can be used whenever I hit pause? This is for live TV and DVR. I used to have Comcast, and it had this, which was incredibly helpful, but I can't find anything like it in the Verizon menus.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Screen saver when pausing?
prisaz
Legend

@tented wrote:

Is there a screen saver that can be used whenever I hit pause? This is for live TV and DVR. I used to have Comcast, and it had this, which was incredibly helpful, but I can't find anything like it in the Verizon menus.

Thanks!

No.

0 Likes
tented
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for responding!

Do you know if they plan on adding one in the future? Quite frankly when I recently made the switch to Verizon I was shocked they didn't have a screen saver. It can't be that hard to add, and I'm sure tons of people would greatly appreciate it.

I'll have to see if I can find a place on this website to submit suggestions.

Thanks again.

0 Likes
NYC-Guy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I recently switched over from RCN and they used Motorola DVR's and they had a screen saver that would start after hitting the pause button. I also called FIOS tech support about this issue tonight.  I own a plasma set and image retention and burn-in are issues for any plasma owner! I was shocked that the FIOS DVR does not have a screen saver.

In fact if you go to the settings menu for the DVR you will find that there is a screen saver listed that is in fact not a screen saver and is mislabeled. What it actually does is remind people that have turned off their DVRs but have forgotten to turn off their TV's that the TV is still on. That folks is not what a screen saver is!

1) They need to change the name of what they currently call  a "screen saver" to some sort of reminder message to turn off the TV.

2) They need to offer us a true screen saver for their DVR's.

0 Likes
NYC-Guy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Also although the original poster feels that the reply received has solved the issue and marked it accordingly I am not satisfied with that answer. Is there a way to remove the check mark for solved?

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

@NYC-Guy wrote:

Also although the original poster feels that the reply received has solved the issue and marked it accordingly I am not satisfied with that answer. Is there a way to remove the check mark for solved?

Only the OP can mark/unmark a topic as solved.  Since the original question was answered, it was marked as solved.

0 Likes
NYC-Guy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is there a problem with strating another thread on this issue as it isn't solved for me?

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

I don't think so. But when you post your thread, I would include a link to this thread, and explain in your post that the solution here does not apply to your situation because.....and show how it is different.

0 Likes
Re: There is no real screen saver in the DVR software On FIOS
VZ_Ron
Contributor - Level 2

Hey the screensaver feature is new and we are still working on it up to standards that just displaying a message to turn off an equipment.

0 Likes
Re: There is no real screen saver in the DVR software On FIOS
NYC-Guy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Frankly what you are currently calling a screen saver is not an accurate description and you should rename it. It is merely a reminder message that your TV is still on.

There are over 3 million plasma sets sold every year and you need to add this screen saver feature ASAP. If RCN and I also believe Comcast can provide it, there is no reason why FIOS should be lagging behind.

Is there a way to update us on this real issue?