Search continually fails ... aaaargh!
cincyreds

I haven't seen anyone with this problem, but I'm getting search function errors which are unbelievably frustrating.

Here's what happens 99% of the time:

1. I choose to search by keyword.

2. I begin typing the keyword using the keypad.

3. After typing the first or second letter, there is a few seconds of delay, then a message pps up which reads "Your set top box is not able to retrieve data at this time. Please try again later."

4. It then sends me all the way back to the main menu where I must start over from the beginning.

Utterly frustrating. For the last half hour I've been trying to do a simple search for "monsterquest" and can't get past typing in "M" and "O" before it fails and sends me back to the beginning. Sometimes it fails before I'm able to type even one letter.

Any ideas? Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,

Dean

0 Likes
Re: Search continually fails ... aaaargh!
Justin46
Legend

Has this worked before and now fails?

My guess is that your STB is offline, not talking to the router. You can verify this by going to the Menu, scrolling down to Settings, hit OK (or the Right Arrow), scroll down to System Information, and see if Network Status is Online or Offline. If it is Offline, then the STB is not talking to the router, and you need to fix that. When this happens usually the Guide Data Days Available is also not very long (may be 0). I have had my STBs go offline several times over the last 3 years, I don't know what the proper procedure is to get them back online, but what I do is power off the STB, unplug it, plug it back in, and see what happens. If that doesn't work, try power cycling the router. I have always been able to get them back online eventually.

If it is not offline, sorry, I don't have any other ideas.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Re: Search continually fails ... aaaargh!
cincyreds

Thanks for the followup. STB is online. I've cold booted the router multiple times and power cycled the DVR multiple times. No difference.

The system has only been installed for less than 2 days, so I guess I'll have to call VZ and see if they can fix it. I give up.

0 Likes