Search Function Incomplete
ryder85
Enthusiast - Level 3

Problem:

The search function is much less user friendly or usefull after the Oct. 15 update.

For example, before the update, if I entered "Tom Cruise" I would get a chronological listing of ALL the upcoming programs with "Tom Cruise" in the title AND with "Tom Cruise" in the descriptions under the title.

Now, after the update, if I enter "Tom Cruise" I get a bunch of pretty icons representing each program title that is available or coming up.  I then have to click on an individual icon to the get a listing for only that title. I don't get a listing of all the Tom Cruise programs in chronological order as before.

Note:

When I do a search I don't want to see a bunch of pretty icon pictures that pleases the owner.  I want information, ASAP and I want all the available information on that title search.

I also tried a title search for "Ferrari". It only listed 3 upcoming programs with "Ferrari" in the title.  I know of at least 2 other programs with "Ferrari" in the description under the title, but they were not listed in the search results.  They would all have been listed in the search results before the current update.

Re: Search Function Incomplete
dahur
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes!  That missing search function does not make me happy either!!

I used to be able to pull up "CREATE NEW RECORDING" and "SEARCH FOR SHOW" and enter a channel number to view all the upcoming shows on that channel for a week or two.  Please bring that option back.  Now we can only see what is currently playing and what is up next.  I want to pull up the Hallmark Channel and set my DVR to record selected movies that are coming up.  I can't do that now.  And going to the Guide and scrolling horizontally through each hour of each day takes too long!  Please bring back the list option by channel!!

DanP6
Enthusiast - Level 2

I concur with these issues - the search funtion is now virtually useless for finding a topic of interest.  I talked to Verizon last night and they called today to say it is fixed.  Checked it again and NO.  Called again - was cut off - called back and was told that the content search is no longer supported.  Useless.  I will be calling Dish Network tomorrow.

JasioN
Enthusiast - Level 1

Definitely search is limited to teh extend that you can trust results.

I watch Don Wildman's Monumental Mysteries.  Attempt to search for the show produce NIL results.  You find Don wildman and the show is listed there.

Search with shows with POLAND as a keyword.  You had quite a few hits before.  Now hardly anything. 

Search MUSHROOM and in the past you were rewarded with number of cooking shows that feature mushrooms plus some extras for mushroom hunters.  Now NOTHING.

I have two differnet STBs (QIP6416 & QIP7100) and results are the same.  No suprise for I am certain that searches are send to Verizon server ...

Resetting STBs has no effect.

It appears that search capabilities were serverly limited maybe in attempt to limit load on Verizon servers. Is this attempt to switch me Quantum FIOS?

Can't get response from Verizon.

manya05
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yep, search function was broken with the "upgrade" (downgrade if you ask me). You used to enter a country for instance, and it would search on title AND descriptions, so you got all shows, documentaries, and films related to that country. Not anymore. Hope they fix it someday, the current search function really sucks.

TimesUp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Part of the problem is that word order is used in the search.   Even in a title like BAD NEWS BEARS, a search of 'BEARS NEWS' will not find the title. 

consumerofmedia
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree totally with this complaint.  The search function is now so limited.  Finding a guest on a show?  An actor appearing in a show/film?  A key word?  All are now impossible.  Very disappointing.  That was a good feature.  This has gone downhill since early Fios days, when we could click the name of the actor and everything in which that person was appearing would come up.  This latest downgrade is really bad though. Hopefully this feature will be restored, and I find no way to contact verizon via email so as to receive an official response.

EJRW
Contributor - Level 1

Count me on agreeing with a sub-par search feature.

I was using DirecTV and their search was fantastic. Searching on FiOS is one of the biggest disappointments.

Eric

0 Likes