Self Install Confusion
jmb531
Enthusiast - Level 2

Last week my house was wired for FIOS. On the 25 th I do the self install for tv and internet. But when my house was wired last week none of my existing Comcast cables are connected to the box that was attached to the side of my house. So when I do the self install on the 25th how wiill the FIOS signal get to my exisitng cables?

0 Likes
Re: Self Install Confusion
jmb531
Enthusiast - Level 2

Shouldn't I see a coax cable coming out of the ONT box?

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

.HOPE THIS HELPS TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS

jmb531
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you. So I will have to open the ONT box and connect a coax cable? Just got off the phone with Verizon and they swore I wouldn't have to touch the box at all.

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

IN MY ONT

TERMINAL MARKED VIDEO

THAT'S COAX THAT FEEDS MY SETUP

0 Likes
jmb531
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks again but I noticed that the self install kit doesn't come with a coax cable. I'm usually pretty good with this stuff but this has me confused.

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since all of your previous coax cabling still exists can you identify the main feed cable that they used ?

I assume that system fed throughout your house.

Looks like what you have to do is hook up to the main feed coax cable.

Might need to use a male to male adaptor to Join the "new" cable length and the "old" MAIN FEED.

PLEASE POST WHEN YOU ARE UP AND RUNNING.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PROJECT.

0 Likes
jmb531
Enthusiast - Level 2

I currently have Comcast. Verizon said I need to cancel Comcast before I self install. But I did not want to cancel Comcast until I know for sure that FIOS is working.

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

DO NOT CONNECT INTO FIOS UNTIL YOU HAVE DISCONNECTED FROM COMCAST COMPLETELY... IF YOU PLAN TO USE THE SAME COAX CABLING  THAT YOU PRESENTLY HAVE THROUGH OU THE HOUSE

jmb531
Enthusiast - Level 2

Disconnect from Comcast or cancell Comcast service? Those are two different things. By the way thanks for all your help!

0 Likes