Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
Joeflaherty1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Speed, Readability, and actually being able to see the show you are watching are the key.

I agree, thats why the info button is there so I can see more info when I need it (like 5% of the time) rather than having info display that you can’t read. 
Would be nice of they surveyed users before making changes people dont want. 

rip671
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agree with all posts on this subject.  Here are the worst changes for us:

1.  No chaptering for DVRed programs.  Why???  No the up arrow doesn’t appear to do anything now.  
2.  The huge overlay when you skip ahead/back telling us we are skipping ahead or back and coming up when pausing or pretty much everything else.  Why does it stay on the screen so long?  I have to scramble for the Exit button every time to get it off the screen quicker.  Please, if you don’t want to redesign it then just give us a setting to disable this banner. Please!

3.   When we *do* want the overlay banner to come up so we can look ahead on the same channel to see what is coming on later we can only look ahead a few hours now.  We used to be able to look ahead up to a week.  Now we’re forced to us the big guide for this.  

EmeraldEyes710
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also dislike the new guide.  There are all the extra channels again that I don't get.  I can't filter by subscribed like I could on the old guide.

AnnaLeah
Enthusiast - Level 1

I actually just created an account so I could agree with your post and everyone else's. In one fell swoop they managed to take away pretty much everything functional and replace it with stuff no one wanted or needed. No PIP of current show, the landscape view makes the network names so tiny you can't read them, the crowded bars clip the show titles so you can't even read them. Every singe part of this update is completely useless and ANNOYING. I don't even want to watch anything because I have to navigate this nightmare. Congratulations - we now have pretty much the same format from every cable TV onscreen guide from 1993 again plus lag and useless "enhancements". Thank you for adding even more fail to 2020.

Joeflaherty1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Also just found that if you are watching a show on DVR, open the guide to try to search for programs in the future it only goes out 3 days. Not only does the slowness to load the guide not let you see future shows, but it kicks you out of the dvr show you are watching. Happened to me 3 times. 

Guess we can just add this update to the list of unwanted bad things to happen in 2020...

whythechanges
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agree 100%.  This new guide is AWFUL!!!

bwalt500
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with everything mentioned in these posts. It's hard to believe that chaptering  was removed without adding a suitable alternative. The program information is displayed forever each fast forward/reverse and t's driving me crazy. Please, please add something to allow us to turn it off or decrease the display time.  

Re: Recent Update Problems
Virginia7571
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree!!  Please bring back the old guide.

Re: New guide too slow. Makes watching TV so irritating.
poppy14
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new guide is terrible.  It acts so slow and is not very responsive.  It is frustrating and my family hates it. It is difficult to find things on the guide. Too much information slows the guide down.  I think I might have to look at what Cox cable has now.

Quez3m8
Enthusiast - Level 1

Created an account just so I can agree with everyone. This new update and guide is TERRIBLE. Verizon... why? This update is frustrating and I wish so badly I could go back to the old guide. It is frustrating enough to start looking at COX. Please please please go back to the old guide.