Can you avoid getting this update?

Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
Kmill2
Enthusiast - Level 1

We agree, awful does even do it justice

Kmill2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does anyone know how to get the channel logos to load? All I see is a tv symbol for every channel. Please help. I’ve rebooted the stb several times.

0 Likes
dodzter1
Enthusiast - Level 3

@cange30 Consider yourself lucky. LOL. Unless you want the "new and improved" guide. 

Murphs56
Enthusiast - Level 1

What in the world happened? I used to be able to cycle through at least a week of programming quickly by using my remote so I can record a show in the future but now the new guide only lets you cycle through a few hours. 

mfs564
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is the worst UI update I have ever seen in my entire life. I used to love FiOS. The new UI is profoundly broken and entirely unusable. I will be canceling if this update is not completely and totally reversed to the previous version. 

LaylaG
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agree it is far too busy and latency an issue all around. I have yet to dive in but what I see so far is not an improvement. 

LJT11
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree, just woke up to the update this morning and it sucks.  If the internet wasn't so much better than Comcast, I would go back to Comcast.  Verizon is so arrogant....they think that whatever they think is the best, is the best and don't give customers the option to choose what they prefer.  Just like when you try to shut your TV off and it doesn't really shut off.  

Re: Recent Update Problems
choices1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Amen to changes cause frustration.

Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update - PROGRAM CHAPTERING
MEBONJ
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can't imagine what the benefit of eliminating the program chaptering was that is worth the inconvenience to the end user! Please put it back ASAP!!