Re: Lost functionality with Verizon update
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@KBA wrote:

Does anyone else feel like they’ve lost functionality with the new “upgrade”? I’m visually impaired, and the half menu was easier for me to see, as it was just one side of the screen and the font was larger, the left/right arrows are now jumping back/forward 30 seconds at a time with no option to customize for different increments, and the up arrow no longer launches an options menu that includes a fast and easy list of things such as jump to live tv instead of needing to fast forward through a program or jump ahead in 30 second increments. I want my old navigation tools back. 

You are not alone!

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-TV-Technical-Assistance/Sept-2020-Fios-DVR-and-Guide-Update/td-p/...

Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
DVU
Enthusiast - Level 2

You should provide us with a feature to roll back this changes. This is update that does not fix anything and instead made a lot of customers upset. 

Sept 2020 Guide Update
cat52
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with all of the posts here. The New guide is not an upgrade good.  Too many great functions were eliminated including

No chaptering

Removing category colors

Can't see the current program while in the guide

and the guide itself it so hard to read

Seriously Verizon, please reconsider these changes. Nextflix is looking like a good alternative now.

Wikimtb1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just wanted to let Verizon know that I too created an account on here just to complain. Please roll back the old guide as at least an option.  You’re on par now with Altice, and they’re about as modern and up to date as RKO radio studios. Come on Verizon, for $239 a month, you should start paying us to deal with this garbage. You are pushing a lot of customers away. I’m about a week away from cutting the cord altogether. If that was your mission you succeeded. You’ve gone back 15 years.  This update is utter garbage and whomever approved this should really be reevaluated. 

DavBrook
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here is a work around for skipping forward long distances. Use the microphone button on the remote to say “skip forward 30 minutes” or whatever time you want. You have to say “skip” not “move”.

Still not as good as the old chaptering feature. Verizon obviously does not test its new interface with users. This reminds us all to move to streaming, as cable is a near monopoly service. 

MikeyDee1
Enthusiast - Level 1

This new guide is terrible. Harder to read and see info. No more color coding for different categories which I loved.  who's the genius that put this together. Just awful. 

Jman33
Enthusiast - Level 1

The guide is terrible. Verizon I want the old one back. Very unhappy. 

JimJanetBoston
Enthusiast - Level 1

I set up an account here simply to add our voice to those of others regarding the new Guide.  The new Guide is terrible for all the reasons others have described, notably for us the omission of color-coding for movies and sports, and the poor-quality visual resolution that makes detailed information such as show/movie plots almost impossible to read even if a customer has normal-range vision.  Worse yet in the update is the lack of customer choice (other than dropping Fios and subscribing to another service):  the new Guide format is the only, default option, so we customers are stuck with the results of a corporate decision in which we had no input.  My advice to Fios:  Fine to update the Guide format, but at least add to the update the option for customers to retain their former Guide format or adjust the new Guide format to better suit their individual preferences.  There's a lot of collective wisdom in customer comments.  Hope you're paying attention and heeding the guidance.   

Re: Recent Update Problems
newtonst26
Enthusiast - Level 1

The tv guide is TOOOOO **bleep** small to view................  need to be able to change it back.

didn't anyone at verizon give a presentation to management to show the "new design and look" and no one said, HEY, I CAN'T READ THE NUMBERS OF THE CHANNELS AS IT'S TOO  SMALL???????????????

also, when looking at the guide, you used to be able to see the current show (like a sporting event while scrolling), now there is garbage all over the screen.  flip it back or pay my conversion fee to Xfinity...........  seriously........  even my college age son can't see it clearly as it's toooooooo small........  Big mistake in not dogfooding it to your own employees first to see if they would put up with it........

shorter hours for customer service, one hour callbacks that are actually returned 3+ hours later.........  that's nice.......

**bleep**?

Eh21
Enthusiast - Level 1

I find the new guide sluggish 

I liked the color coding.  

When I called fios, the csr advised they had a year of focus groups. 

I am glad I found a way to fix the "last channel" button fiasco.  Why would they do this and not give us a choice?