Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
MJM11
Enthusiast - Level 1

The program chaptering feature is missing.   I use that a lot, in order to quickly go to specific places in a sporting event.   Can you please put it back?

I don't care about the thumbnails.   I would even be happy with entering a number 1 to 9 like in youtube to go to 10%, 20%, ... 90% of the program.

Mcmul1s
Enthusiast - Level 1

This guide is awful! There was no need to change it whatsoever. It's irritating to look at, it's cluttered, and the lack of a live picture window is annoying. Change it back! 

dodzter1
Enthusiast - Level 3

So VZ claims they had a whole YEAR of focus groups eh?  First off, never heard about these focus groups. Second who got invited? Third after a whole YEAR this is best they could come up with? Sounds like baloney to me. I don't believe they had focus groups. 

capeo53
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too created an account just to complain about this. First of all I agree with all of the above...

1 - Used to be able to filter by Subscribed. I'm fine with the option being "Free-to-me", however, the only way to have that selected as a filter is ONLY if the favorites button is also selected. Somehow EVERY SINGLE channel is now showing as a favorite when I had none before, so the filter is worthless. 

2 - Inability to actually see the program you are watching while looking at the guide. Sure you can turn on transparency, but it's so dark it's like it's not even there. Bring back the small window to watch

3 - Guide is WAY to small and condensed to be able to read it. I have to force myself to look at it and not look away. Everything just blends together and my vision is 20/20. Need to bring back the colors and space things out better

4 - With #1 in mind, I keep clicking on channels to watch a show only to be shown that I don't subscribe to it. If I could SEE the channel names I would most likely know it was one I didn't subscribe to

5 - Delayed response is ridiculous. Type in a channel number and it always loses digits so you end up going to the wrong channel. Every action is to slow to respond. Want to rewind? Sure, but it takes so long to start that it ends up going to far because you've hit the button again because you think it didn't register that you hit it the first time. Need to pause? Sure, that will work, just have whatever is happening wait for 5 seconds while the TV decides to pause before you can deal with whatever made you need to pause it in the first place.

6 - When you hit info, the pop up takes up half the screen. You could shorten that if you condensed the whole instruction piece above the info you actually wanted to see

het100
Enthusiast - Level 3

I echo the complaints of all  on this absolutely horrible guide update. It's garbage. So muddled, hard to read and slow in response. No colors codes, no dvr chaptering, text way too small. Can't distinguish the channels. PIP box to watch the current channel while surfing the guide is gone. The shortcuts we used to have in getting to the side mini guide are gone. There isn't a single positive change with this new guide. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Verizon, it's horrible! Please roll it back or at least give your subscribers the option to do so. 

Please bring back "Chapters" for DVR recordings!
Rictus
Enthusiast - Level 1

This recent interface "upgrade" is really a downgrade.

VinSel
Enthusiast - Level 2

I suspect this was not meant to be an improvement - rather it seems to be a cheap substitute.

VinSel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Upgrade is a misnomer.   It's a cheap DOWNGRADE.  It's like buying a 30 oz quart of milk, a 13 oz pound of coffee.

VinSel
Enthusiast - Level 2

They didn't spend money to improve the service.  Obviously, they farmed out the guide to a cheap, off-the-shelf produce to increase their profits, then fool us by calling this an "upgrade".

Smiley821
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new Fios TV Guide is the worst and not appealing to the eye at all!!! It looks so generic. I miss the color coding of the different types of shows (movies, sports, etc.) We no longer have the ability to see the current show up in the top corner while searching the guide - it's in the background which is useless. Other options to view the guide no longer exist - the only option now is to filter. The old guide was easy to navigate and find shows but now I dread even going to the guide to look for shows. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE - BRING BACK THE PREVIOUS GUIDE!!!