Re: New ON DEMAND Screen Hard To READ - CAN NOT SEE New Menu
Chukkster
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem....poor response...needless banner displays on screen bottom.....looks like Verizon loaded up this new function with too much overhead....I DO NOT NEED CONSTANT REMINDER DISPLAYING ON HOW TO RIGH ARROW OR LEFT ARROW ON SCREEN BOTTOM....TOO  MUCH INCONSEQUENTIAL FLUFF DISPLAYS ON MENU DVR DISPLAY...NO NEED FOR ALL THIS ADDITIONAL STUFF....PLEASE DISPLAY ONLY WHAT I WANT TO SEE......NO RECOMMENDATIONS OR ADDITIONAL STUFF....ALSO NOTICED NEW RELEASES KEPT CHANGING...POOR TECHNICAL PROGRAMMING..... 

Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
OldManMigz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Decided to make a profile just to respond to this thread. This update is ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE! The older UI was perfectly fine! Why change something NO ONE was complaining about?!? I swear the **bleep** who thought this change was a good thing are just that, **bleep**!!! UPGRADE the customers from this garbage of a "downgrade" that we were given. 

espresso4jb
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not sure who captured the requirements for the change or drove the UI/UX design, but difficult to understand how key usability and base functionality could be removed.  Agree with the other posts and just to reiterate again:

1. Live picture in top left of guide - it is impossible to see anything in the "transparent" rear of the guide and furthermore the replacement picture is just a larger version of what is next to the channel anyway and adds nothing.
  2. Color code programming - Movie channels do not show movies all the time, general channels sometimes show sports - the color coding was a key base functionality of the guide
  3. Guide real estate and font - added padding of pictures that do not add much on the left and display less readable information in the guide in a more difficult to read font
  4. Customization - not so much a change but a request, give people the option to tune their guide the way they would like to see it - that would be a true reason to make a change that people would actually use

As others have suggested, while fixing these items it would be best to roll back to the old guide and if need be roll back the entire update to the previous version that clearly had less issues than the current version.

F_PK
Enthusiast - Level 3

ALL these complaints are valid! No need to repeat them AGAIN. Why verizon chose to "improve" what WAS NOT broken or NEEDED ANY change is beyond me, But that's verizon for you. It's now SOOOOO frustrating, other options are looking better than ever. I'll stop throwing away those annoying mailers with cheaper pricing even though I liked FIOS TV in the past. But these issues HAVE to be fixed. I don't need to PAY a premium to be annoyed and frustrated.

mfidelman1
Enthusiast - Level 2

It seems like every time Verizon releases a "new & improved" channel guide, we lose functionality. 

Last time the "last" button, on the remote, got all kinds of new features - but it now takes forever to load, when all one wants to do is simply go to the last channel viewed.

This time we seem to have lost:

- picture-in-picture while viewing the channel list (current channel is no longer shown in the upper left corner)

- scene-by-scene fast forward, when watching stuff off the DVR

- and it seems like a whole bunch more functions no longer let you back up one level

Meanwhile, I can't seem to identify a single new or improved function.

Why do they keep doing this?

Re: Please....stop with the menu colors
Horse6
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can I change back to the old background

New Update is Awful
AnothrBadUpdate
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new update is ridiculous. It takes us over 60 seconds just to turn on the tv, exit out of the stupid ad screen, and cycle through three or four attempts to enter the channel number we want. The first three tries, apparently something’s still loading in the background so the STB only registers one or two of the channel numbers we’re entering.  If I were the programmer that rolled this out I’d be fired. Complete lack of concern for the paying client. 

Kde1
Enthusiast - Level 2

We agree in this house- this last fios update is absolutely horrible.  Why would they take away functionally?! Horrible. 

Kde1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same!  Created account just to make sure we have enough support here. 

Quadform11
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon new guide

Verizon your new guide sucks.It is way too slow because when you change the channels, the picture to the top the screen remains the same until you stop searching channels, to get this to feature to work your way you have to press your remote one by one push. The channels id/numbers to the left of the screen is way too small ,there is no more pip.This roll out is just a poorly design guide all the way.Please fix this mess soon and fire the manager who approved this.Also Verizon the current date eg.Monday Oct.5 2020 needs to be shown on the top of the guide.