Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
lenbuddah
Enthusiast - Level 1

new guide Awful..no option for half screen gujde .there was NOTHING WRONG . UNNECCESSARY UPDATE.guide view too busy and font too small.i have to squint to view new guide.BRING BACK OLD GUIDE OPTIONS. WHY FIX SOMETHING THATS NOT BROKEN..I am seriously about to GO TO COMCAST. at least i can see the freekin tv guide..CAHNGE IT BACK. RIDICULOUS UPDATE!!!!

midmom2000
Enthusiast - Level 1

have read all issues =. TOTALLY agree not user friendly.  don't know whose idea this was FIRE them.  will change as soon as possible to another provider

STLRHD
Enthusiast - Level 1

Am I the only one that used the "up" button to use a guide that shows current shows along with a live view that takes up a quarter of the screen?  This new mess is a deal-breaker for me.  Sad, cuz I've paid an inordinate amount of money to Fios over the last fifteen or so years because I loved that interface.  If that's gone, I'm gone.  If I have to adapt to a new, subpar guide, I'll do it for a lot less money.

PLEASE BRING BACK THE OLD GUIDE!

midmom2000
Enthusiast - Level 1

whoever decided to make these changes should look elswhere for employment

can't enjoy this.  will change provider soon.  when I pay for a service should have to ability to changes made to system I USE

steveh521
Enthusiast - Level 2

This new user interface is horrible. Very slow. Why show all the images when just moving to the next channel. The info page is just not the information one needs. The guide is pretty useless. Font too small, no proper coding.

Please provide either a way to go back to the old style our some more extensive customization.

I just want to watch a show and see the helpful information about it. I don't need to see upcoming or next shows every time I change channel. Perhaps you should beta test these first.

JustwantgoodTV
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new guide is absolutely AWFUL!!!

1) No color coding of Movies, Sports etc makes it much harder find the content I want to watch.

2) New font, layout, and color scheme make it HARDER to read.  White on grey overlaid on live broadcast, really???  What **bleep** thought of that?  More to the point, what group approved of it???

Frankly, I know I'm wasting my time.  They won't change it back and they won't listen to consumer feedback to try and improve on the garbage they've produced.  To do so would be to admit they were wrong.  

VG_fios_issues
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agreed.  the inability to select only one channel to view is annoying, as is the lag it is taking to look through the guide.  I don't like the new appearance and I don't know why the info bar has to stay visible on recorded shows for so long. 

The new screen is hard to read and I can't imagine how that passed approval for the visually impaired.  If you don't want to fix it, then give us a way to roll back this horrible change.

Apesbrain1
Enthusiast - Level 3

New guide rolled out to our boxes today. Very disappointing. Really miss the guide along the right side and the small live screen visible during guide. 

Has VZW acknowledged any of this feedback? I don't mind them trying something new so long as they accept criticism and adjust the things people don't like. 

2020 just keeps on giving! 

Re: How to get live tv to show in corner of guide?
kimiata901
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same question! In the "menu", I found something that said that we could stay with the new not-so-transparent guide with the show playing behind it or we could choose to go back to the show playing in the upper left corner. But I have been all though everything and I can not find a way to make a choice. Plus, everything is soooo slooow. I hate the whole thing.

Sneeho
Enthusiast - Level 2

This sucks. It's a horrible update which took away a lot of functionality. I hate it.