Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
Bhbiggz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Oh my God. Guide is absolute trash. Trying to hard to be xfinity. Guide is a **bleep**. Too much going on in guide. Left side channel listing is too small. Maybe make the channel ur looking at bigger. Or scrap this whole thing. Pathetic. Would take the old one back now!!

MyOpinion1
Enthusiast - Level 1

For some reason my guide just updated yesterday and I agree with everyone that it is horrible!!  The color is terrible, makes it hard to read, and why would you get rid of the color coding?!?!  Now I can't tell what are kids shows.  I want to be able to see the show I am watching in the left corner while I am scrolling through the guide.  Everything is so slow, not responsive, and the channel banner is too big and stays up too long.  

I liked to watch TV on FIOS because it was easy to scroll and find things to watch, but these changes erased all of that.  Now I feel like I should just get rid of the FIOS TV because there is no reason to pay so much for something that makes watching TV so difficult.  Why would you do this?  Who thought this was a good idea?  Please give us the option to revert back and you will see how many people prefer the old one.

MichaelS7
Enthusiast - Level 2

Completely agree with everyone! The new guide is a downgrade and missing many features that MADE ME RENEW FIOS TV because the old guide was so good. Color coding, quick browsing, tv preview in the guide, and fast speed. With over 300+ customers complaining on this forum alone, imagine how many customers really hate this!!

Verizon: you have a strong focus group (paid customers!!) telling you this is bad and we are unhappy!!

Do the right thing and revert back to the old guide or give us the option to go back. It’s so bad, I’m thinking about canceling and cord cutting and using a service like Roku. This is so disappointing and bad. Why!!??!!

solardarren1
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Honeymoon is over! Now Verizon is giving us less and the problems are starting. Took 3 watchings to finish a movie that only had 6 minutes left. Kept rebooting at the same place, then after getting back up (5-10 min ea time) it would have the place in the movie about 15 minutes in. I can imagine this is how Hotwire started to go bad. The old guide had colors so you could easily ID movies from shows. This is a big thumbs down.

JCN1908
Enthusiast - Level 3

Where is FIOS management responding to this tsunami of ocean plastic?  Address each feature change:  Why did you make it?

Call-out to ANYBODY who participated in usability testing of this junk upgrade!  Did you have to sign an NDA?

Obviously we have no leverage here, even 10x or 100x complaints beyond these few 100 gripers won't matter, even if we all up and switched or cut.  They just don't care.

I would love to see the reqmts spec for this as a development project.  How many layers of sub-contractors were involved?  No real developers left?  All went to FMAG?  Rest were too bored or only interns?

Can we try getting the mainstream TECH press to highlight this c#ap.  Peer pressure might be the only tool in the box.  And esp the folks w serious usability / disability issues applying some pressure.  Almost surely no one with millions in V stock deals with this but he/she (one?) would be the only person they might listen too.

Imagine a different world with an open source style, customizable interface where you can build you own from applets and the best few for different tastes and needs evolve to the top tier.  Might that not attract NEW customers?  I guess V is writing off the whole TV end and just concentrating on wireless and 5G.  I give the TV "push" biz only another 5 years if this is the best that they can do.

Let's call this thing THE WALLY UPDATE!

Georgeinny
Enthusiast - Level 2

Complaints keep pouring in do they even read this forum. This many complaints on a hard to reach pain in the butt forum says something!!

I love idea of getting some TECH writers to review this unbelievably tortuous system.

George in NY

Rideforlife
Enthusiast - Level 1

The color coding made it very easy to scroll through.  Verizon needs to add that feature back !!

Rideforlife
Enthusiast - Level 1

bring back the color coding verizon !!!

Re: New Fios Guide
dodzter1
Enthusiast - Level 3

If we want to see real change from VZ the best bet would be to call in and speak to a rep. Posting complaints here is not enough. You may have to wait a bit on hold to speak to a rep. Thank goodness for speaker phones. I called in and waited an hour on hold. The rep I spoke to said they had gotten a bunch of calls. But that was when the update first rolled out. Hopefully they have gotten many more calls by now. My take on VZ's response will be "Suck it up buttercup, you'll get used to it". VZ can be kind of arrogant. I'm afraid it's unlikely they will reverse themselves. I really hope I'm wrong, though.

Re: New Fios Guide
Southern2356
Enthusiast - Level 3

And here I thought I was alone...No never thought that because no sane person would think this is an improvement.  This was an upgrade without need.  Slow, clunky, and just downright a couple hundred steps backwards.  There is not a thing I like about it.  I did call and voiced my concern as well.  BTW I joined this forum just because of the abomination.  Look how many are first time posters just to complain about this.  It says a lot about what people think of this upgr, upg, upgradblah.  Can't even say it.  As if 2020 was bad enough...

Please Verizon...

PUT BACK THE OLD GUIDE!