Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
DGJ1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Completely agree with this thread.  Fix this!

Ed_F
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry but a standard corporate apology means nothing, action is needed, and the action needs to be a rollback to the previous menu/guide system. 

BTW, when you say your products "go through testing sessions with customers just like you", you are wrong. If your testers were actually just like us, they would have reacted just like us and told you that the new menu is a serious downgrade from the previous one due to loss of essential functionality and visual usefulness. Maybe your "testers" were not familiar with the old guide in which case they were not in a position to provide truly useful feedback. I cannot imagine even one current FiOS user who would consider the new system an improvement in any way whatsoever, other than the fact that it's very good at **bleep** off your real customers. 

Admit your upgrade was a mistake and bring back the old menu and guide. Thanks in advance because if you have any knowledge of statistical sampling can extrapolate the real number of angry customers based on how many are complaining here in the forum, and you know it is a HUGE number.

DGJ1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agreed! It puts you into overload making it that much more difficult to get to what you were trying to do.

DGJ1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ditto!

JT613
Enthusiast - Level 1

New guide is harder to read. The channel number and Network is also difficult to read compared to previous version.

ProudDysMom
Enthusiast - Level 1

What does this mean? Do you folks realize what a disaster you've created?!? I can't read it - formatting is horrid! This could be the straw that breaks this camel's back, both personal and business.  Customer Retention,  expect my call soon if this mess isn't fixed. 

Yes, I created this link only to post here & am tweeting from my biz acct. Who in the hell beta tested this **bleep**? Your cable TV service is hanging by a thread as it is, just behind landlines 🙄🤔

Signed, Get it together 

KK410
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nilsa, I agree with others.  To show this thread, where very unhappy Verizon customers have given their feedback, as “SOLVED” just because your apology on behalf of Verizon is posted DOES NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM.  We have all chosen Verizon for various reasons but the viewing guide is an extremely important component of choosing shows and watching TV. Please confirm what action is being taken so your customers can make a decision to stay or become Comcast bound.   It’s simple. Make sure the corporate heads hear us and put the original guide back.  

dodzter1
Enthusiast - Level 3

YAY!! It's solved. Please provide the date that the old guide will be restored. If you cannot provide the date, then uncheck the solved box until it is truly solved. BTW, your statement is obviously inaccurate. If testing was done with customers like us, you would've realized it was not an acceptable upgrade. None of the "just like you" customers on here approve. What is the count now, about 400 negative comments? As another poster suggested, extrapolate that with the number of people not taking the time to post. To mark this "solved" is very much disingenuous. Not to mention an insult to all those who took the time to provide the feedback you so much appreciate.  

Joel20ll
Enthusiast - Level 1

Exactly, the color coding made it easier to find movies, sports, etc. 

The new guide is also **bleep** poor slow. Moreover, typing in the channel is slower and almost always results in landing on the wrong channel.

I don’t believe the FiOS’s official party line that there was rigorous testing. Nobody would think this is an improvement. Nobody.

For the first time in six years I’m considering switching to Optimum Altice. 

Cojimarr
Enthusiast - Level 1

This new format suck for those with bad eyes, it hard to see, way to small for my eyes.  We should have been given the option to keep the old guide, we pay for this it should have been our choice