Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
Mr7r5
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree. I absolutely hate the new guide.  Seriously wish we were given the option to not change the layout.  

mikenj69
Enthusiast - Level 1

I echo everyone's comments. The new guide is a BLOATED & HORRIBLE MESS and has ruined the performance of all of our TVs. I will be leaving Verizon if they don't fix this in the next month or two. Absolutely outrageous that they deployed this junk to their customers!!!

ZachE1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Calling Verizon's response a "solution" is ridiculous! How could you do away with chapters and call this an improvement? How could you do away with color-coding the guide and call it an improvement? The changes are a big step backwards!

Sephro1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Pleeeeaaase reverse this horrible update.  First time considering calling Comcast 

Nc112233
Enthusiast - Level 1

Really missing the color coded guide. It used to be so quick and easy to browse through for a movie (red)  or sporting event (green). Now it just all blends together on the black screen.

Meng22
Enthusiast - Level 1

Fire your research team.  This is unforgivably horrible, from someone building consumer interfaces and apps for decades.

Vsc171x2
Enthusiast - Level 1

How can you mark this issue as SOLVED? Maybe you defined "solved" with the same criteria you defined "improvement" with when it came to this upgrade.

This is a TERRIBLE update to the guide. I agree with every complaint that has been made. It's pretty much unusable and everything about this is a HUGE step backward and that fact that Verizon's response to the over 400 complaints is, "Our release products go through testing sessions with customers just like you before the products are launched." is a slap in the face.

Not a single response here has been positive. Which customers did you use to test this on? You want us to believe that a majority of the "customers just like us" thought that a still image, in the guide, was better than the PIP feature you previously had??? I want to meet the "customer just like us" who thought that doubling the lag time on just about every move you make with remote, was a good idea. I want to know what sports fan you tested this on who said, "Please cover up the bottom third of the screen with useless information for 6 seconds every time I skip/reverse 30 seconds. I love not being able to see the ticker, score, or time left in the game." 

Those are just a few examples (you are selling) that are almost impossible to believe and make you look really bad when you try to justify this mess of a guide. 

I don't know how you can stand behind this update? You really should revert back to the previous guide. It's obvious you have no interest in what your customers want. You made that clear when you marked this as "SOLVED". 

Do the math, it appears almost 100% of the people who have used your new update have had a significantly negative reaction to it.

You are most likely going to do nothing about this and will just wait it out. I guess we can hang our hat on the thought that if enough people post complaints here, potential new customers will read these posts and see what a poor product they will be getting if they go with Verizon. Verizon, your existing customers on the verge of being reduced to a cautionary tale.

If this guide stays the same, I am seriously going to consider switching to Comcast. I pay way too much money to put up with a lame upgrade that makes my TV watching experience so much more difficult.

ps. You also said, "The feedback you have provided has been shared with the team for further analysis."

Is it safe to say that this is the same "TEAM" that thinks this update is a great improvement? If so, maybe we shouldn't hold our breath on the"further analysis" promise.

Joe8121
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with everyone, I've had Fios for a decade and have seen many updates over than time and never felt the need to comment like this, so that's a first for me. The new update has rendered interacting with the guide and channel navigation sluggish/laggy, as everyone else has said. I also really dislike that the current channel preview thumbnail was removed from the guide, that was really useful and allowed for multitasking so you can watch something while searching the guide. I guess we'll have to adjust but hopefully Verizon implements a patch soon

Vsc171x2
Enthusiast - Level 1

"Solved" implies that a solution was found. What was your solution?

12yrCustomer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just wanted to add that my wife and I agree with everything states in the comments above. Included us in the customers who disapproved of this update. Everything about it is terrible. Cant think of 1 thing that was made better as part of this update. Totally frustrated and disappointed.  Do not believe this was demo to customers requesting feedback as these glaring issues would have been identified. Please please fix or revert back quickly!!!