Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
Tjk11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think it’s marked solved so people can’t give any more thumbs-ups to posts!

Trisha356
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hate it!  Screen layout if click “Info” button is ridiculous!  There’s so much stuff on the screen how can you even see what you think you’re looking for?!  Obstructs 1/2 of the program’s picture screen. The old tight banner at the bottom of the screen when you change channels was just right, if you want more click Info button and JUST THAT PROGRAM’s Information displays. Not 460 other programs scheduled for the next 6 months for Pete’s sake! (I exaggerate, but you get my point). It’s so bad I’m thinking of just switching to Hulu and watching everything on my amazon stick. Plus other screen graphics, menu choices, settings are all worse and less under users’ control. I used to think I hated Comcast!  Now?

you suck Fios. 

2poodles1
Enthusiast - Level 3

If we assume they won’t go back, let’s tell them what we want fixed or changed.  My biggest items are:

1. Increase size channel numbers and icons so we can read them

2. Color code sports, movies, etc. 

3. Bring back PIP when using guide

4. Include info about shows in the guide itself without having to select them or press Info

5. Reduce size of “banners” every time you select a channel and reduce the time they are on screen

6. Eliminate the icon in middle of screen when FFing - we know what we’re doing

7.  Increase response speed

AGW-1980
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just had a long chat with Verizon. They supposedly are aware of the complaints. But it sounds like the same team that rolled this out is the team that will contemplate changes. We need to make Verizon management more aware of our issues with this Guide and it’s rollout. Suggest calling 1-800-837-4966 on weekdays to complain. Also, we should start a Twitter campaign to make this more public. Having this discussion with Verizon privately in a Berizon forum on a Verizon server allows management to avoid public accountability. This needs to be more public so management will apply more pressure on this development team that made the decision to roll out this monstrosity. 

Cocoa11
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new guide is bad bring back the old guide.

Bring back the channel guide on the right side of the tv when you push the up arrow on the remote and all of the old features 

tbisles1
Enthusiast - Level 1

This guide update was terrible. What was wrong with the prior layout. The new guide is so busy and hard to read. Terrible. I wish there was a way to go back to the old layout.

tbisles1
Enthusiast - Level 1

There are so many people who hate this update. Give us our old guide back. Might be time for an email to the CEO. This update was garbage

bristollucy
Contributor - Level 1

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG! This is a terrible "Update" or "upgrade".  It's enough to make me switch back to Comcast. You can go back. It just takes a willingness to do so.

bristollucy
Contributor - Level 1

What a joke. Solved? Not. The Guide is awful but slowing down response time from the remotes is ridiculous!!!

LMD1026
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree, hurts my eyes