Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
PApilot
Enthusiast - Level 1

Absolutely agree the new updates just plain stink.  I would also add an interim update of the “last” function has significant latency as well.  Why mess with something that worked well and give an update with less functionality!?!

Halpine
Enthusiast - Level 1

...But, did this really go through testing?  Because I’ve not seen and/or heard a single positive response to this update from anyone...

The color coding was by far the best feature of this system and anyone who actually used the guide with some regularity would tell you that.

Dalaver
Enthusiast - Level 1

Adding my voice to complain about the recent update. Among the many issues, I would cite the abysmal and unacceptable response time when inputting via the remote. I have the VMS 1100 boxes, which were already slow with the previous software release, but now response is painfully slow. Often I can't enter the channel number because FiOS can't catch up to the numbers being entered.

Additional issues:

--Not have the picture-in-picture in the Guide, of the current program, is a big loss.

--The intrusively large font size when the Info pops up on the screen is poor, and the large font of the episode name makes it difficult to know what show it is due to the relatively small font of the show name.

NessaD
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please fix the Guide, it is Awful!  Can’t view channel icons.  I guess I’m suppose to just remember what channel is associated with 200+ channel numbers?!  If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.  Netflix is a better option.

absvt
Enthusiast - Level 1

"We read your comment and (maybe) told people" isn't a solution and shouldn't be marked as such. If a real UI expert was actually used in the development of the 'upgrades' then they should be fired. This looks like some developers got together and decided it should look like what they want without interacting with customers. Sadly this is not uncommon. I refuse to believe this was user tested on a scale that would get real feedback.

Problems that I've identified:

Color coding is gone (eg sports green, movies red, etc)

The channel numbers are hard to see. My mother has so get up from the couch to read them.

The upper left shows a random image of the show instead of what we are watching. 

Removing the skipping chapters without giving more than 8x fast forward

Slower scrolling

Laggy interface (not as terrible as the on demand interface but getting that way)

Filters aren't sticky... Don't stay after setting them. I have no desire to always recheck 'only HD' everytime I turn on the box

Absolutely zero ability to do useful customization.

This upgrade just removed *all* of the useful features.  This is not a much better interface than the guide channel that continuously scrolls through the channels.

ss201
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon needs to roll back this update to the previous version.
It can't be fixed. No need to repeat all the issues as they are articulated well all over this forum. I was going to try to be constructive with my criticism, but I'm too disgusted.

This version is the equivalent of pop-up ads in browsers in 2005. Incredible annoying.
Also reminds me of Windows 8 and 'New' Coke. A total disaster.

Kevo721
Enthusiast - Level 2

This interface update is bad.  I dislike everything about it.  Hard to read EVERYTHING!  Flipping channels produces a banner that is so full of info it’s dizzying.  The tiny channel numbers in the banner are difficult to read and they completely hit great display of program info backwards.  The biggest thing you see and that jumps out at you is “S6E4Justice For” instead of the SHOW NAME!  I don’t want to squint to see the show name, that is much more important to see right away rather than the episode number and episode name.  Next, I don’t want to see what’s up next when I’m flipping through my channels.  Please get rid of that and open up the entire banner for the current show info so we can see it!!!

SLOW!  Everything is so much slower, especially flipping through channels and the banners loading.  Likely because they are trying to fit in every piece of info they can into this banner now.  It’s awful!!!  

Next, the new guide is almost unusable.  I can’t see it anymore.  The text to too bold and everything is hard to see.  When I go to the guide, I get very frustrated because I used to be able to clearly read it.  This new font and size stinks!  

Overall, I’m seriously considering leaving Fios over this if they don’t get it fixed or allow us to revert back ASAP!  I know there’s an option for me to go to the old box, but the old box doesn’t support 4K.  I shouldn’t have to anyhow.  This update is the worst supposed improvement I’ve ever seen.  If someone from Verizon wants to reach out to me for a solution, I’d be willing to talk about the new experience.  I also have two other family members in seoeeate households who also really dislike this update and are frustrated with how ridiculous the banner and guide are now. 

JR441
Enthusiast - Level 2

New guide stinks. Old guide was great. Roll it back!

Re: Recent Update Problems
Kevo721
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agree 100% with calls to roll this back!  Put the old UI back into play for everyone until professional UI designers can be called upon to revamp the experience.  It’s more important to keep your customers happy, especially when a lot of us are home more these days and watching TV.  Now is not the time for this!  Roll it back!

Just posted these frustrations on social media!  

BC6B54E9-CB82-4A74-B111-9AA84EF52E9B.jpeg

jmapar
Enthusiast - Level 2

The new user interface is garbage.  Everything is slow, everything is in bold letters, categories are not color coded (sports used to be green), extremely hard to distinguish new shows from repeats. 

Click on the guide and it just covers the entire screen.

Cannot advance in big chunks using the 5-min button on the remote.

Channel icons are so small even on a 75" TV screen.

It's hard to see duration (shown/left) on a recording.

Absolute garbage and waste of money spent on this supposedly upgrade.

Who in your focus group liked this absurd interface?  Were they awake?

Verizon needs to spend resources on so other areas such as Customer Service/channels than the UI.