Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
jmapar
Enthusiast - Level 2

What focus group?  Who was in that focus group?  Were they on drugs?

This user interface is very UNFRIENDLY.

It's 2020 Verizon.  At least provide an option for the users to adjust the settings.

If you care about the subscribers do a survey and show use how many people actually like the new interface.

PaulAndrew
Enthusiast - Level 1

Worst update ever! 

• Sluggish response time. When changing channels using the numbered keys, digits are not picked up if you press the buttons too quickly. The Last button is similarly slow. I’ve tried both settings for this button, enabling and disabling the rail.
  • The down arrow used to bring up a mini guide at the bottom of the screen. You would be able to continue watching your show while scrolling through or directly using the numbered keys to see other channels. This was even better than the PIP on the full guide. Please restore the mini guide.
Bluespeyer
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too do not like the new guide, which has many drawbacks in my opinion. But the main one is the removal of the color-coded channels that indicated movies, sports, etc, and made the guide so much easier to read and navigate. PLEASE BRING BACK THE COLOR CODES!

Mazman1
Enthusiast - Level 1

It’s this simple Fios folks. Roll it back and try again, after field testing with everyone on this forum. Because these are the folks that can help design an upgrade worthy of our support. You said you tested with “customers” before forcing this disaster on the masses. You only need to read about the first dozen messages to see you obviously missed the mark on this upgrade. I agree with all and can’t imagine how this was approved by “upper management.”  And to add my personal pet peeve; while viewing content and pressing info button I could simply press it again returning to the big screen, now my thumb must travel the full length of the remote to press exit....

Razzle1
Enthusiast - Level 2

PLEASE VERIZON FIX THIS!  My wife **bleep** me out every time she touches the remote now and tells me to do something about it (like i have anything to do with it).  the new guide is becoming a deal breaker for your service.

andreaskip
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree on all points. I hope Verizon takes heed.  I don’t believe someone went on the forum and said please remove the chaptering and the ability to review the guide, by show, on one channel.  To replace those items with some of the useless changes, makes no sense.  

I also don’t like the single line guide.  

notafan31
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new guide is UNUSABLE!!!  The network designations all say TV.  If improvements aren't made quickly so it becomes useable, we'll make improvements by changing service providers.

StacyM11
Enthusiast - Level 1

We just received this update and I’m glad to see it’s not just me who hates it. Hopefully they see all the complaints and fix it sooner than later.  Channel numbers are too small to read, you can no longer watch your show in the top corner while browsing and the transparent background is useless.  Like the rest of you I found turning that off at least made the guide possible to read a bit.   Who ever designed this new guide is an idiot.

GG011
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree. I used to be able to that titles were movies. Now I have to read every line, it’s awful. 

robbieslobbie
Enthusiast - Level 1

If that is the case, those people must not be very technical or discerning. The software update has caused your system to function more slowly, the guide is more difficult to look through, and real, positive new features are just not there. For instance, how about basic stuff such as 16x FF, or some built-in intelligence that knows when you schedule a show to record at a certain time and it starts due to a delay for whatever reason, that your system can detect that and modify the start/end times? Basic take-away is that the new Guide is not an improvement and more preferences for modifying the Guide should be offered. And get the delays worked out of your menu-ing system!!