Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu

Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update

SOLVED
jfios2001
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update

Message 491 of 1,201
(957 Views)

Agree, i am experiencing sluggish response times with the upgrade.  horrible. hopefully will fix, or will be dropping Fios very soon. do not new guide whatsoever.  I liked to be able to see current channel now that's gone.  this upgrade is a a step back.

Allin1
Contributor
Contributor

Message 492 of 1,201
(951 Views)

I agree with everyone about the new guide being a real step backwards.  Even Direct TV had a better guide years ago,

In addition, please go back to where pressing the "Last" button actually took one back to the last channel instead of another menu with useless selections.

Direct TV also had a much. much better way of scheduling (reminders) future programs.  Take a look!

SR71
Contributor
Contributor

Message 493 of 1,201
(938 Views)

I agree. I have  much more difficult time reading the new guide, and also miss the function to be able to skip 10 minutes at a time. 

Mksween
Contributor
Contributor

Message 494 of 1,201
(937 Views)

This new guide is difficult to read and almost impossible on a small TV. Is there a way to get rid of the top info bar and the bottom ad bar which are taking up half the screen space and enlarge the channel guide part to make it more readable? Maybe add that option as well as bringing back the color coding? Maybe also add an option to invert the guide to black on white rather than white on black. As a whole it is too dark and cluttered right now.

JGJ
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 495 of 1,201
(933 Views)

Add me to the list of people who think the new channel guide is awful. Channel number print is too small, the color coding so gone, the name of the channel is missing, the current channel view in the corner is gone.

But I see they did make room for advertising at the bottom. How noble,

Sforest20
Contributor
Contributor

Message 496 of 1,201
(926 Views)

Worst "upgrade " in the history of FIOS. Those who approved this be demoted.

RC154
Contributor
Contributor

Message 497 of 1,201
(923 Views)

I agree with everything said here -- and in addition, now when I try to watch something on my DVR, I have to press OK twice to start it.  And I can use the right arrow key to look at the program to decide what I want to do with it without actually starting to watch it.

I worked in IT dealing with user-facing interfaces for decades.  It's pretty obvious no one actually asked or tested this with actual subscribers

F_PK
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 498 of 1,201
(900 Views)

Is this a tactic to "encourage" existing customers to move up to a 4K box ( where these guide problems will "magically" not exist or be fixed) ???     Hmmmm.

Pat1212
Contributor
Contributor

Message 499 of 1,201
(945 Views)

This update is horrible. The pop up when you click the 30 second skip is horrendous.

Why would I want the screen covered when I click the skip button?

Southern2356
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 500 of 1,201
(994 Views)

Where is the  "I love the new guide" posts...said no Verizon Fios customer ever. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title