Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
Rebbex
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just a god awful update, Verizon.  Way to completely slow down switching channels and the use of DVR.  My goodness, please make it OPTIONAL or just DON'T DO IT AT ALL.

E12
Enthusiast - Level 2

New DVR and Guide Update sucks

E12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agreed!!

TMM21
Enthusiast - Level 1

This latest guide update is TERRIBLE and I just cannot believe that Verizon tested this with anyone who would think this is better than the previous guide.

The program name is hard to see because the episode is so large.

The black and white guide is hard to read.

The information about a program is not with the program name. Doesn't show if it is a new program or show an air date. 

If you press the info button, you can't go back to the guide.

Etc....

Go back to the old guide PLEASE !!!!!!

AJCN
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am a very sticky customer as I’m usually too busy to bother comparison shop or be picky about details.

But this is so bad, I have to ask …is this an intentional attempt to drive away customers?
There’s no way a representative sample set of your customer base sees this is an improvement. 

Why would you take away a variety of functions and viewing features?
How can you release something that downgrades performance to this degree?

Things I’ve noticed that are worse than previously: 
1. Latency is terrible now across the board.  You’ve gone back at least 10 yrs if not 20+. Whether it be in response to pause, play, fast forward, pulling up or scrolling in the guide, pretty much everything including when typing in a channel digits dropping.  Unacceptably  frustrating.  

2. Why eliminate continued viewing of a program in top left while checking the guide?

3. Why eliminate the color coding in the guide?

4. Why eliminate the 10 min marker ‘chapter’ function?  Is the objective for viewers to waste their time being limited to slower forward/rewind, or just 30 second increments? 

5. What happened to retaining in memory previously watched channel?.. so when toggling between two stations you could rewind on the other if you missed something?  That was a nice feature.

6. ‘info bar & +30 sec” …what is the point of that staying up on your screen - blocking view of the program 

I’m sure there are other regressive changes. 

Shouldn’t you provide an option to keep the old format?  

To say this is a negative game changer is an understatement.

I hate spending time on this but you are forcing me to start checking out alternatives like cable or these streaming packages.

Your board needs to be informed of how bad this is. This will be a market share crusher for Verizon.
DavidMoore1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here's a simple question.  Name ONE thing in this update that's an improvement over the previous guide. 

Erambo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Googled “new Fios update sucks” and found this thread. 100 % agree with everyone. The pause and fast forward is horrible now. Just turning on the tv and getting this splash screen to turn off is a pain. Changing the channel have to do it a couple times to get to the one I want. All around awful design and they should definitely change it back. I’ve been wanting to cancel Fios for some time now and if this update remains think it’s time to switch.

Bluespeyer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh Verizon, why did you "fix" something that wasn't broken?? The new guide is terrible. If you're trying to be just like Comcast you've succeeded, because your guide now looks and functions exactly like Comcast's bloated and inefficient one. You've utterly killed the readability and ease of use of your guide. Why did you eliminate the color coding!!?? Why did you eliminate the live-TV display in the upper corner that appeared when using the guide? Why did you eliminate the ability to skip several hours ahead at the press of a button to see the schedule for later? In essence, why did you make any changes AT ALL to a guide that was well designed and functionally excellent? The negative reactions on this thread summarize it perfectly: you really blew it with this unasked for and wholly unnecessary update. Perusing the new guide has now become a difficult and laborious chore. Very, very disappointing. 

DrFreeze1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Completely agree.  I had been thinking of dropping Fios TV for AT&T TV NOW.  This update threw me over.

FS84
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes! This is my biggest issue. Bring back the color coding!