Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
Enthusiast - Level 1

NEW UPDATE IS HORRIBLE. PERIOD.

bristollucy
Contributor - Level 1

Try unplugging the set top box then wait 15 seconds and plug it back it. The guide is still awful but it does move faster.

BeBe7272
Enthusiast - Level 1

This new guide is terrible.  The channel numbers are smaller and harder to read, especially for older viewers.   When viewing on the guide I can no longer see my current channel.  Instead I see a still of each channel on the lineup, which is useless. The one feature I like, Free to Me, worked for one day and hasn’t worked since.  Every update Seems to be more about aesthetic and less about true function. The last update changing the ‘Last’ feature creates such a lag that I don’t even use the function anymore.

Maggie681
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree.

New Guide
BrooklynGirl2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I HATE the new guide!! The old guide was fine, why was it changed? The new one is hard to read because of the black on white type, there is no day at the top, movies and tv series used to be different colors, if you hit the info button and then hit the left arrow you can no longer get back to where you were in the guide. It really is a pain. Please restore the old guide.

Re: New Guide
SaraPackers
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, the New Guide is unusable. The latency is awful.  If it isn’t fixed in the next week, I will switch providers. 

Verizon, is anyone home? The new Guide makes TV a miserable experience.

VirtualPTS1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yep, it is awful and not taking this crap anymore. The quantum system is awful and brittle... now a guide that you can’t see and is so slow to respond. I have to type in the channel 3 times and go back twice to get my channel. Also the option to switch to HD is gone, I hit the c button and no response. 

I already contacted xfinity to switch, 15 yrs with DSL and Fios. No more. 

Beyonce2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’ve been with Verizon for over 15 years too, and swore I’d never go back to Comcast, but this  guide change may be the final straw. Our bill went up earlier this year with FEWER premium channels, and now THIS?!? Keep squeezing the customer by charging MORE  for a crappier product. Can’t stand this guide, can’t read the screen, all the features that were helpful are now gone. I just left AT&T Mobile after 25 years and am THRILLED with T-Mobile. Looks like it’s time to switch cable carriers too! 

Murrymoose
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dislike immensely. Agree with all comments also miss “tune to channel “ when you want to select a show that starts  soon. Instead you end up recording the show. Cannot read banner. Miss being able to watch  show in upper left corner. Bring back chapter guide.  I do like being able to change to HD channel without having to remember the HD number 

JFW11
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hate the new update. I hate it so badly I am thing about dropping Fios