Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
mister_fixit
Enthusiast - Level 2

verizon doesn't care, they fix things that aren't broken, and don't fix things that are broken, it's their creed.  and they don't care if you switch either.  in their arrogance they don't believe that you will, or even if you do, you'll come back.  

Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello All,

Please disregard that this topic has been marked as solved. This post was marked as the solution in order to float it to the beginning of this thread for increased visibility.

The respective teams are fully engaged and reviewing all of feedback received as it pertains to the new changes.

We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your patience while we work on analyzing  the feedback. 

Thank you. 

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II
Ed_F
Enthusiast - Level 2

See the post from Verizon above this one. Maybe the almost 600 negative posts to date have finally caught the attention of the QC team at Verizon. With that many subscribers taking the time to post, I think Verizon can extrapolate that the number of dissatisfied customers must be enormous. Hopefully they don't waste time "fixing" things in the new update, but instead just roll back to the previous version since it is superior to the new one in every way.

Re: Fast Forward by "Chapter" in DVR
Right1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please revert the last Guide update - it’s slow and adds no value while taking away plenty of useful features

The new guide is TERRIBLE for those with sight impairments.
Teers1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just wanted to vent at how unbelievably terrible the new guide is for people with poor eyesight. Not to mention, how FiOS even removed previous options to improve the font size.

The small text, and white bold font will just look like a blur to those with poor eyesight. Heck, its even terrible for people with normal eyesight.

I can't believe FiOS goes out of its way to make a highly customizable Closed Caption, yet, the guide has ZERO options to improve its visibility for those with sight impairments. I can only guess there's no interest in making a proper guide for the seeing impaired, since it won't fit into FiOS's ability to add rows of commercials to the guide.

FiOS should implement an alternative guide for those with sight impairments, that can be activated via an option. This other guide should have less rows, to allow a MUCH BIGGER font, that also has a color scheme optimal to help aid those with sight issues.

Rant over. Good night.

Pippi2
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new guide is horrible, too much lag time popping up. Very hard to read, the description comes up at the top of the screen rather than under the program title, setting reminders takes much longer now.  On to DVR - took away chapters?!!! Even switching channels is a chore, doesn't come up on the set top box, if you punch the number in on the remote, it doesn't pick up all the numbers so it changes to the wrong channel, it's too SLOW. New technology is not always better!  Please FIX, this has been one of the worst updates over the last 10 years. It's so bad I have actually considered cancelling service . . . . 

Erambo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hopefully besides all of us saying the new update sucks there are more calling in complaining and they roll it back. I know some things that are new take some time to get used to but this “update” I will never get used to. Just overall from the guide, dvr functions, changing channels, the whole thing is just a terrible design and I still can’t believe this was supposedly tested and approved. I think the designer of it must be related to someone at the top because I cannot figure out who possibly would like this and think it’s better over the old one.

dflerch1
Enthusiast - Level 1

The worst thing is they dont show what channel it is next to the number. It just  says TV. Honestly the whole thing is horrible and if they dont fix it I am switching to Xfinity.

TallGuyVA
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please roll back to the former version of the guide until this version is fully user tested.

Bluespeyer
Enthusiast - Level 2

There are now 59 pages of complaints (with more to come I'm sure) regarding the new guide and its abundance of poor, user-unfriendly, and completely unnecessary changes. Hello Verizon, are you listening? You'd regain respect – not to mention prevent a mass exodus of subscribers – by simply admitting the mistake and rolling back the update and returning the guide to its former glorious state.  Will you come through? The ball is in your court...