Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
EEE4
Enthusiast - Level 1

100% agree

EEE4
Enthusiast - Level 1

This new guide is terrible, and the hundreds of complaints need to addressed immediately.

ByteCrawler1
Enthusiast - Level 2

So Verizon is now taking to DM's to quell people's worries. I got two yesterday and another one today. The one today ticked me off so I'm going to share what their current line of thinking is with everyone here that is suffering:

Verizon: We apologize for any inconvenience this update may have caused. Our release products go through testing sessions with customers just like you before the products are launched. The feedback you have provided has been shared with the team for further analysis.

I highly doubt that. I've never heard of Verizon allowing anyone outside of the company to beta test their products. Just admit your QA team messed this one up big time, don't try and deflect with the "Our release products go through testing sessions with customers just like you." Maybe on the test workstation but not on an out-in-the-wild 7 year old STB.

Don't dig a deeper hole. I love this service I was just saying this summer how solid it's been since I've had it since 2014, but you guys REALLY messed this one up. You broke something that was absolutely fine and I'm sure we're weeks out from a fix before you guys finally decide that we need to upgrade our boxes because it cannot handle the memory load of caching all the extra images you've now added into the guide. Which has somehow also affected the IR receiver, probably because the box is under

such strain its trying to divert cycles in time for the IR. I know you won't roll back, that's unrealistic. But I would start thinking about offering some of your customers free upgrades to Fios One to at least get more powerful boxes to cope until your dev team fixes this disaster.

Why in the world did you strip features out? Can't skip ahead by days on the guide, no more doing chapter skips on recordings, an info bar that almost takes up 50% of the vertical image of the screen. Oh and btw my guide isn't translucent over the channel feed, it completely blocks it. Can't see jack.

What in the world were you guys thinking??

dodzter1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nilsa,

I have a novel idea. How about doing more testing with some of the folks on here? These folks and myself obviously care enough about VZ's product to take the time to comment about impact it has on their Fios experience. They care so much many are first time commenters that have created accounts for this very topic. 

Also keep in mind many on here including myself are no longer under contract. We have options. It is very easy to switch. Competitors just love taking away VZ's customers. Especially Comcast. Some offer incentives to switch. 

llebpmacm
Enthusiast - Level 2

And if you have certain medical issues (like I do), the movement of the guide triggers bad things happening. I've been talking to Comcast today. I hate them, but cannot continue with this guide. And could it be any slower to change a channel?????

Mike33331
Enthusiast - Level 1

Horrendous.  Single scrolling function gone, color icons gone, delay, too hard to read, clarity worse, banners cover8ing up the screen.  This was a mistake because its not an improvement, it was change for the sake of change.   Like Microsoft when they buried all of the most helpful buttons three levels down.   It is profoundly frustrating to use which has made me turn to other alternatives.  So now I am paying for a service I cant and don't use.  I don't think I can do that.  How about you figure out a fix like ebay did with the option to go to the "classic" version of the site.

I swore I would never go back to Comcast as long as I lived.   Maybe this is just the end of cable for me.  How about ya just fix this so-called "up grade"?

bristollucy
Contributor - Level 1

It will be interesting to see what comes of the statement from the FIOS Administrator. I'll be surprised if they roll it back although that would be my preference. I was able to speed up the remote response by unplugging and plugging back in the set top box.  I was also able to remove the transparency of the guide which helped to make it considerably easier to read. These are only minor corrections made necessary by the
"Upgrade".

Why in heavens name would they chose to have a column on the guide that says "TV" is beyond comprehension. Color coding was the best way to group types of programming.

Ah well, we'll see.

Re: Latest Guide and UI Updates
furry
Enthusiast - Level 3

Another vote for a complete rollback of this disastrous "update".  It is godawful.

Billyboy41
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new guide is absolutely terrible.  The BOLD TEXT for items in the guide make it very difficult to readthe bar that pops up any time you look to go forward or backward, move to a channel is annoying and slow.   Overall performance is very very slow - missing key strokes, numbers when changing channels. 

What is really bad - I am at my daughters house today (she is on FIOS) and her guide has NOT changed yet.  It is the old one that works fantastic, as expected and like it should. 

We need to have (at a minimum) the option to revert back to the old guide and functions, or just revert for all people.   I am very dissatisfied with this change and get more frustrated with it every time I pick up the remote.  

Please change it back!!   

dbh31
Enthusiast - Level 2

YES, i do want the color coded guide.  Have no clue why they would un-change that? BUT as important why was the option to go to half guild removed??Why not a choice as we had before?   Is giving no choice an improvement?  Not in my book.