New guide
Mandoran
Enthusiast - Level 1

You would think if a company like Verizon rolled out an update it would be an improvement but this update is a step backwards. It took away functions that were very user friendly and functional and replaced them with nothing.  This new guide is awful.  They should roll it back to the previous version.  

Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
Razzle1
Enthusiast - Level 2

im waiting anxiously to see what Verizon will do about this pathetic attempt of an upgrade.  could someone at verizon at least acknowledge this multitude of issues in the new guide and what the plan is to resolve it.  Its been long enough.

Refund for the disastrous guide?
Razzle1
Enthusiast - Level 2

are there any plans on refunding Fios customers for the frustrations the new guide has created for its users?   this is a defective product and we shouldn't be charged for the companies mistakes.

Re: New guide
kyote67
Enthusiast - Level 1

I absolutely agree!!! It looks antiquated and the graphics are so small, it’s hard to read. Plus it is not user friendly. I hate it!!!!

FrustratedVZcus
Enthusiast - Level 1
  • New guide is horrible. Why do companies find it necessary to fix what is not broken, causing frustration for its customers and users.  Let me tell you why...these companies have employees( in this case IT, Techies) trying to justify their paychecks/existence/jobs. "Lets unnecessarily change tools and processes, so we look busy designing, changing for no reason. Then they will need us to explain how to use and troubleshoot the new **bleep** that doesnt work and didnt need to be changed to begin with.  Then they'll need us to fix all the complaints they recieve."  Leave things that work alone!!! ie color coded shows (sports, movies, etc). If its 20 minutes into show, why are shows in that 1/2 slot squeezed down to only be able to read an abbreviated portion of the title (example: at 1:54, see how much of the show title you can read of the currently running show...its so abbreviated, you have highlight the show to see what it is). Also, old guide had green coded "New" more prominant in show description.
TV-Guide-2-Slow
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a customer for many years and have always thought that Fios operated so smoothly. With this update, I completely understand why people throw the remote at the tv. Dealing with the downgrade of the GUI is one thing, but in the latency feels like 1980s. Next their going to send us all 14.4k modems and tell us it's an upgrade for internet because they tested them with people like us.

I hope they can at least give the option of rolling back.  In the year 2020, the interface should be smoking fast and look good. 

Please Verizon,  Please. . .

leedr
Enthusiast - Level 2

the new guide is soooo bad.  i actually went to the cox site to see what they have to offer.  thinking about switching 

leedr
Enthusiast - Level 2

totally agree.  looking back at Cox cable....

Re: New guide
Pretzelman1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agree. Guide very difficult to read and follow. 

Re: New Fios Guide
SG202
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agree need to restore guide. Older version was better