Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
Zups
Enthusiast - Level 1

This new IMG is terrible.  The navigation is painfully slow.  You are inexplicably directed to the VOD page constantly.  And when you you finish watching a recorded program from the DVR, it is very difficult to delete the recording from the prompted menu.  When you click info, the new layout doesn't display whether it is new or live episode, who the actors are, and the abbreviated description is useless.  When you flip channels, it takes much long to advance to the next.  Finally, it is very annoying that every time you turn on the tv and the STB is already powered, the VOD Banner page is presented instead of the channel that is selected.  VOD is promoted in too many places and too often.  Please note that these comments span my 12 and 14 year old sons in addition to my 46 year old serve.  So you have failed to satisfy multiple generations.

Reverberocket
Enthusiast - Level 1

What a joke this new guide is.  Who created this?  Who approved it?  Unreadable, remote doesn't respond, can't view the current channel when browsing, color coding gone, doesn't give full description of show being browsed. . . .Time to cancel service!

I_am_meh
Enthusiast - Level 1

Terrible update!

I don't honestly know the words to describe how much this update truly sucks. So just please, Roll it back. What I have now is all asthetics and no function. I actually  HATE scrolling now. 

Sign 

**bleep**

mister_fixit
Enthusiast - Level 2

The only question left for me is, Youtube TV or Hulu?  I was thinking about it anyway, this "update" made the decision much easier.

Elsa1
Enthusiast - Level 1

There is nothing positive about this update.  I just got the update two days ago and having nothing but problems.  I don't understand why they tried to fix something that wasn't broken.  It's not color coded and it looks all jumbled together, you can't watch the show while going thru the guide, the chapters are gone and so on and so on.  It's hard to believe that this was tested with anyone before it was launched.  Bring back the old guide!!!!!!!  Whoever approved this should'nt be in that position of authority.

Baskets1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree.  The new update is terrible.  I’d rather have the old one back.  I can hardly read the guide!

RF7890
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new guide is incredibly slow, unresponsive and took away features. It is absolutely terrible and there is no way to go back to the old. Fix this mess!

Rich481
Enthusiast - Level 1

This so-called update sucks ,l feel like l went back 20 years, whoever designed it should be fired, fill it back to the old guide which was fine or l will be using another carrier.

Browse by category
FiosInEC

Previously, I was able to browse tv shows by category. I'd press the right-arrow, and a menu would appear on the right side of the screen. I'd select HD, then movies or sports, then I'd see all the current programs playing that match those criteria. That functionality is gone with this recent Sept 2020 update. Is it still available? If so, how do I get to it?

0 Likes
RG625
Enthusiast - Level 3

This new interface change is VERY BAD. When changing channels, the Information Bar is EXTREMELY POORLY DESIGNED. It's TOO BIG and does not display the channel logo of the CURRENT CHANNEL which is  REAL PAIN. The font is huge which now NEEDLESSLY displays the next 2 shows, but the text of the current channel is tiny and like I said, with NO channel/network LOGO. WHY? Verizon couldn't mess this up on purpose. How do we go back to the old format??

YOU CAN'T EVEN TELL WHAT CHANNEL YOU'RE ON AT A GLANCE. DISGRACEFUL! This is NO LONGER an information bar.!

The team that created this interface should be fired.

(I'm using the older STB. Refuse to "upgrade" to Fios One.)