Re: Browse by category
Prosndinc
Enthusiast - Level 2

The new guide is terrible.   No Color coding,  No way to increase the guide viewing size.  No way to chapter thru pre recorded shows.   Tons of issues and no resolution from Verizon.  A typical Ignore the customers needs response

Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Braintree wrote:

It's obvious Verizon could care less what their paying customers think.   Some "brainiac" decided that change for the sake of change is good.   The only thing this change brings is complaints from customers who hate it!

If anybody was thinking of changing to AT&T U-Verse, like Comcast don't expect a user friendly guide. No way to tell TV show from movie from sporting event. The PIP window shows the chosen channel programming, not the tuned programming. It is quick though. The Info button gets you a full screen info page, with tabs for cast and crew and audio language. Also has options to record show, series or more showtimes. No option to change info to a partial screen or banner. So Verizon did not use ANY of the U-Verse graphics for its new update.

Newguideconcern
Enthusiast - Level 3

I must have missed it while going through almost 700 complaints about the new guide. What I missed is any VZ response other than the insane “Solved” after the title! How stupid and gullible do they think we are to tell us this update has been solved! We paid for this update and I want my money back! A 10-15% rollback in monthly bills could placate us, but a rollback to the previous guide would be considered a solution! VZ owes us something other than “you’ll get used to it”. I was very sorry to hear Comcast may have the same crappy guide now!

2020 -- New user interface is a nightmare
AlexisinNYC
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't know who designed or signed off on the new user interface, but they should all be fired. The interface is harder to read, takes up the entire screen, and adds one or more steps to every action I want to take -- makes everything harder and slower, NOT easier and faster. 

Did Verizon actually test this on real users? Obviously NOT! I may have to change to another provider, and I only just signed up for service in my new home.

Bison1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I find it very difficult to read  Which Channel I’m on on the left. I used to like the colors for different programs. I lost the ability to go back and watched what I missed. The new background is looks jumbled.  Overall I wish they go back to the old guide which is much more user friendly. 

mister_fixit
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently tried calling Verizon to negotiate a lower price, since the nearly 300 i pay per month seems obscene.  Not only did they not offer me any savings, but by the end of the call, what they were offering was a price increase for less channels lol...  only with Verizon would that happen.

For most people, you want the Gigabit internet, so you tolerate the sub standard TV, oddly rigid plans, and inflated prices.  Only when it becomes basically unusable would you switch, and that's exactly what they've done here.  They've already been losing lots of customers due to the pandemic, so naturally their move is to anger their remaining customers and chase them off too.  You can't make this stuff up!

Jamabo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree. I miss not seeing the channel logos next to the number. Plus it’s so slow. 

Renz1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Everything is more difficult, slower, please return to last DVR and guide

there is NO improvement! 

ARTMOZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

A FEW OF THE PROBLEMS WITH FIOS RELEASE APR 7-0

The problem was Verizon FIOS tv was slowing down.  Big black spots watching shows.  Stuttering, freezing for a few seconds.  Rather than speeding up the network they decided to optimize the software.  The program grid was a big overhead.  It's faster now but almost unusable. Some of the problems with the program grid.

• The grid appears to be SD not HD.  (previously HD) How large must my TV be to read all the lines?  I have a 47-inch HD TV about 8 ft from viewer.
  • The channel numbers are too small.  The channel numbers and icons are unreadable (not necessary and useless) Why not larger & in text?  Get rid of all the graphics and substitute large readable text.  Are you trying to make it pretty or efficient? All the graphics on the program grid are unnecessary.
pghgurl
Enthusiast - Level 2

My remote is now so slow that I can't even get to the right channel.  There was NO testing for this upgrade.  Whomever approved this upgrade should  be fired because they are totally incompetent.