Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
clarkekent
Enthusiast - Level 1

If the new TV guide change isn't rolled back by the time my 2 year commitment is up I will be leaving for Comcast.

New Fios Guide Update Sept 2020
MBowen1
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new Fios Guide, VOD and DVR are HORRIBLE. It is difficult to navigate. It is slow. It is cumbersome.  It is absolutely AWFUL. Please change back to the previous format ASAP.

Pippi2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon seems to think this is the greatest update and makes searching for shows FASTER??!!!! It seems most of us are having trouble even reading the guide, I have to get up & stand in front of a large screen TV - how is that faster?  I still can't believe they removed some of the best features they had, being able to record the entire show or start from the beginning if you came in late, chaptering for DVR replays, even setting reminders takes longer for the same show for each day, you used to be able to scroll down, set and it would return to the day/time you were on, now it goes back to the 1st show and you have to scroll over the ones you already set to get to the next.  AND THE LIST GOES ON . . . .

2poodles1
Enthusiast - Level 3

If they think it will get better with time, they’re wrong. It’s been two weeks and I grow to hate it more every day.  I can’t read the channels or program descriptions on my 65” TV, sitting 8 feet away.  All college football games are listed only as “college football,” with no immediate indication who is playing. In order to figure out which game is on each channel, I have to stop at each channel, one at a time, rather than just being able to scroll through the guide. It’s painful and depressing.  Not to mention that I have to press every selection twice just to get it to “take.”

It has made an enjoyable day of watching football miserable, just like everything else with the downgrade.  

JamesCulper
Enthusiast - Level 1

New update is trash. Along with the issues you have stated our menus often glitch out and become unusable for a time. Extremely frustrating.

AppleJack3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agree with all these comments. The new guide is awful in every way. Why did they change??  Biggest problem to me is the font size. I can’t see the print even on a very big screen. Why cram so much on one screen??    Time to switch carriers. 

Jahmanmusic
Enthusiast - Level 1

@Scott804 wrote:

This week Fios pushed out interface updates for their TV services. After nearly 3 hours in chats, I was finally told that there is no way to roll back updates once loaded and they base new update options based on posts in the forum. Below are my complaints that they will only fix with enough support on here, if you have the same issues, please mark the post. 

1. They removed the chapter function for recorded programs on the dvr (the up arrow that would allow you to move to any 10 min marker in a program).

2. The new Now and Next function causes latency when switching channels. Even after setting it to 0 seconds. 

3. They removed the ability to view a single channel lineup in the tv guide. In the past I would just hit guide a second time to see the next 5-10 shows on a single channel. 

4. Finally, I just find the prettier guide view harder to actually read and process. Not sure if it is the number of channels,  dark screen, or just that it is too busy.  Turning off the background video helped a little, but not much. 

What happened?  The view is horrible.  Can't read channels.  Overlay blocks watching on guide.  No more color coding on guide.  Page up page down disabled.  Screen overlay lasts too long.  Horrible font on guide.  On info just want basic name and channel not 50 things.  Then double tap used to give you more info.  Really.  Who was asked their opinion?  I see 74 pages of complaints.  I really just want to go back then go with a few changes one at a time, WITH VIEWER INPUT.

JSRCHJ
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new software is awful - sluggish in many ways and removing the chapter function were bad moves.  I like Fios but this does bring me One step closer to cutting the cord.  Please fix quickly!

Mattnallyb
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have the same problems with this update as the OP. I hope that the developers bring back the ability to see the whole day’s programming for a single channel. That was a great feature for planning our viewing.

Mrs_D2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m so upset. I used to enjoy watching a show and browsing the guide. Now you can’t do both. I tried calling and chatting to see if i could go back to the old guide but I couldn’t reach a human. The font is also too small and the service is now slow. Hopefully if enough of us complain they’ll do something.