Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
Flamingo01
Enthusiast - Level 1

Horrible for many reasons. Please return to previous display as soon as possible

BOBBYBINBVILLE
Enthusiast - Level 2

This UI is making me consider cutting the cord. This is not an upgrade, this is a downgrade. Paying the exorbitant amount I do and getting this in return is ridiculous. 
Does Verizon even test with any customers this before they release it

Razzle1
Enthusiast - Level 2

does anyone at Verizon actually read this forum?  There are so many complaints and next to zero responses much less any resolution to the multitude of legitimate issues.  Maybe someone at Verizon could at least tell us what solutions theyre working on.

Re: New FiOS TV VOD interface
NickA2
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new FIOS interface is terrible.  The response to the remote input is sometimes not responsive or so slow it often causes me to tune to a channel I don’t want to view. The channel banner at the bottom of the page stays on the screen too long interfering with viewing.  The Guide is not pleasant to view with too many channels shown and small fonts on a black and white screen. Overall a terrible user experience. Is there a way to revert to the old interface?  I would gladly go back. 

Re: New Fios Guide
ColoradoGambler
Enthusiast - Level 1

Oh my gosh, YES. The new guide is so bad I don’t want to even watch FIOS and just go to a streaming service. Plus, the DVR functions, previous channel functions and number of other actions are all less responsive and slower. If Verizon doesn’t correct these matters soon, I’m just going to cut the board completely. 

Frankbbbb
Enthusiast - Level 1

This new guide is absolutely horrific and I useable, and if they don’t fix it or return to previous guide, I’m bailing on Fios, paying the contract cancellation fees, and going to Comcast at both my primary and shore residences. Are you listening Verizon? And who at Verizon is getting fired for this abomination? 

Re: New/Recent Changes to VOD menu - Verizon - WHY???
Letmein2020
Enthusiast - Level 1

You are absolutely right. The new menu is awful for lots of reasons. They really made use of remote and finding information much more difficult and user unfriendly than ever before......Why, is an excellent question.

Denali2
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new guide is horrible - who designed and tested this?   Cant read channel numbers unless I stand right in front of TV.  Cant easily distinguish the type of channel (movie, sports, etc.) because the channel background colors are gone.  You need to be a rocket scientist to figure out how to modify favorite channels.  When I fast forward a program, you display a useless banner on the bottom of the page for 9 seconds!  Page scroll on the channel guide doesn't work anymore.

Unless you solve these problems like restoring the old system that was much more user friendly, I'm cancelling my service when my contract is up for renewal.

There was no reason to make these changes and this is a typical example of allowing technicians to do things because they think they are neat!.

Re: New Fios Guide
nycjbl
Enthusiast - Level 1

YES! Can we please see what we are watching in the upper left hand corner. That's all I want, I'll deal with the rest.

nycjbl
Enthusiast - Level 1

Made an account just for this ONE issue...

I will apadat to the changes , BUT I need to see what is on the channel I'm watching while I'm surfing the guide. The background transparency isn't enough, in fact it's worse. 

I flip past dozens of channels in seconds, why do I need to see random album art/ screen caps for shows that i'm flipping past? Not to mention it takes up a decent part of the guide header.

Bring back Live TV viewing within the Guide