Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
Jansy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Totally agree. Hate the new update. 

Helmere
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

With regard to the channel logos, I just spoke with a great customer service representative, he had the update redownload and the logo's came back. With regard to HD filter, it's disabled by default. Go into menu-guide--setting- last guide state should be enabled.

I hope this helps

bristollucy
Contributor - Level 1

Really! You are a first. Most conversations with reps end with no change, get used to it.

F_PK
Enthusiast - Level 3

Another update by end of month.

God help us... 'cause Verizon won't

October21
Enthusiast - Level 1

This new guide STINKS! 

What is th point of that big TV LOGO NEXT TO TH WAY TOO SMALL TV CHANNEL Number.? 

Also the guide is too busy with too many channels and no option to reduce the number of channels and again the channel numbers are too small, nor can I tell what the channel is by a picture.

To select a show to record the new  system is NOT user friendly and difficult to navigate!  Why should I have to guess what Chanel is the right option to record.

Just like the last upgrade, no option to upgrade or stay the same. Verizon needs to stop making these asinine changes!  I'm considering dropping Fios! 

ACT1NJ
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have to agree.  The new guide is disappointing. 

1. Channels are too small on the far left when you hit guide
  2. The current channel no longer displays in the upper left when you hit guide
  3. The remote response is horribly delayed whether attempting to pause. rewind, fast forward or hit info.
  4. Searching for upcoming showings of a show is limited.

Not sure what the goal was, but the new view feels like a giant leap backwards.

Southern2356
Enthusiast - Level 3

Woke up this AM and the picture in picture is back, the crap across the bottom of the screen when changing channels is gone, and the ability to jump through a recording (chapters) is back!

If we can get rid of the lag, add back in the very useful colors, and resize the text...we'll be back where we were.  Some progress has been made!

0 Likes
RJ37
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for this update. I’m not seeing those changes yet though. Did they just appear or did you have to upload it somehow?

0 Likes
Southern2356
Enthusiast - Level 3

I didn't do anything.  When I turned on the box there was a screen indicating the pic in pic was back.  I then tried the DVR, again a screen announced the change, and the chapters were back (although they call it something different), and then since I turned off the channel info because it was so annoying, I turned it back on and only the info for the current show was there with the red status bar for how far the program was along.  I didn't have time to check everything to see how it was performing but the lag was still there.

I'm hoping they continue to correct their mistakes.  This is a good start.

0 Likes
Fios TV Interactive Media Guide (IMG) is a disaster
LGaunt
Enthusiast - Level 1

This new design is awful. The most important data, channel number, clock and program name is far too small to read. Do we really need seven episodes listed on the short menu and pictures of the program?

I find it hard to believe this layout is ADA compliant. I know for a fact I cannot see the information I want, I have friends that are senior citizens and they are having the same problems. 

A voice activated remote is useless if you do not know what is on, and I am not going to keep a laptop in the living room just to have a program guide ( and the on-line Verizon guide is not the greatest).

Why can't Verizon use a focus group or Beta testers before rolling out major changes? If they don't want to use the public, then allow me to roll back the menu.