Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon is rolling out an update that fixes the most glaring issues everyone has identified.  It started rolling out this week, and will hit all users by next Friday.  When you get it depends on where you live.

0 Likes
Johnunion
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with your comments, especially item 5. When I first turn on the TV it takes several imputs from the remote to finally reach the desired channel. This is just another corporate "fixing what is not broken". Really **bleep** me off. 

Southern2356
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had to go to work so there maybe more going on in this fix than I reported but the DVR chapter fix, the PiP, and the channel program info are the ones I noticed at O dark forty.

0 Likes
Re: October Guide Update
Tjk11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’ve got it. Things are quite a bit better!

bobbyrex
bobbyrex
Enthusiast - Level 2

After being on chat for two hours, Finally someone transferred me to an agent that acknowledged latest update issues. My main annoyance since update is that the SD Override no longer functions correctly.  Screen keeps stretching and closing all the time.  I think your agents need to be more informed and educated about potential update issues.

Re: bobbyrex
2poodles1
Enthusiast - Level 3

No changes to my Guide.  Awful and unreadable as usual.  

0 Likes
Recent STB Softare Upgrade Causes Slow Response Time
scitechguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

The most recent upgrade to my IPC1100, which added features, also slowed the response time significantly.  When I manually enter a channel number, the STB responds slowly and often with a digit missing.  For example:  keyed in 620 and I ended up with 20.  Remote has fresh batteries.  Problem is worse if channel hasn't been changed recently.  I've resorted to pressing "1" to get the STB's attention, then enter the correct channel.  This is definitely related to the new software upgrade, and is extremely frustrating.  STB reboot helps, but after a short time, the problem recurs.  

All other features are slower as well.  While I'm at it, the button to return to last channel watched now brings up a menu of selections, and slows the process of switching back and forth between two channels.  Is there a way to fix these issues?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

vicho1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon, 

What an awful update. I used to think you had the best guide in the business. I own some other homes and can't get FIOS and I was happy to return home to a great user interface. This new guide is terrible

- Guide is nearly unreadable

- Multiple steps to get to "info" on the show to include CC

- When I am in the guide I no longer see live video of the current channel

- Chaptering is broken

- Lack of category colors

- Slow

Please allow us an option to roll back!

Squelchy
Enthusiast - Level 1

This latest update seriously has me considering a switch to another provider; it’s that bad!

I work in software development and know you can’t please everyone, but the new guide is horrible and a step in the wrong direction. 

Why did you take something which should be clean and simple to use and make it over-complex? 

I can’t wait for you to roll this back or fix it with a whole new version!

bleepme
Enthusiast - Level 1

This new guide stinks Why dont you make an option to go back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!