Fios interface Changes Based On Your Feedback!
Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please disregard that this topic has been marked as solved. This post was marked as the solution in order to float it to the beginning of this thread for increased visibility.

Dear Verizon Customers,

Thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention. Based on your feedback, we have made SOME changes to the new Fios TV Interface with the APR 7.5 update. Here are the interface updates:

• Guide legibility improvements
  • Main grid guide picture in picture default view
  • DVR playback skip functionality (DVR chaptering)
  • New channel info bar on channel change
  • Improved response time 

Below is a screenshot of the main grid guide showing some of the legibility improvements:

You will see the above mentioned Fios TV interface changes roll out from 10/22 through 10/29. 

Additional responses:

Coloring: Here is another way to navigate to channel groups that used to be colored:

The channel neighborhoods are still organized by the genres you're familiar with.  While in the main Guide, press the Guide button again to apply your filters and move over to the Jump To function.  Now you can jump your guide to specific channel neighborhoods.  If you have Fios TV One with a Voice Remote, while in the guide you can also say “Jump to <channel neighborhood>”.

Last Button: The button labeled "Last" on our remotes for 1100 and 4100's can be configured to operate in one of 2 ways. You can either jump back and forth between your last 2 watched programs, or you can have it bring up the "Last Watched Rail" which contains more of your most recently watched content, including VOD and DVR shows.

Access Menu>Settings>System>Television>Last Watched Rail to enable and disable the Last Watched Rail.

If the "Last Watch Rail" disappears, please use this workaround:

Reboot the box or boxes on which the issue is seen to check if that fixes the problem. If it still appears bothersome or comes back, please disable the last watched rail.  Access Menu>Settings>System>Television>Last Watched Rail to enable and disable the Last Watched Rail.

We are aware of the Last Watched Rail issue reported in this Community and we will have a fix in place with the next release. 

Guide Banner: You can disable the Guide Ad banner setting via the following:

Main Menu>>settings>>Notification>Guide Banners->Disable

Lagging / Slowness / Sluggishness:

If you are still experiencing lagging, slowness or sluggishness when interacting with the set top box after the latest update (APR 7.5), please elaborate on which specific functionality is exhibiting this behavior (ex. Navigating Menu/Guide/On Demand, channel surfing, DVR etc.)?

Please feel free to provide any additional details which will be useful and assist the development team as they further investigate.

Channel TV Logo:

We apologize for the inconvenience this behavior is causing. We are aware of the Channel TV Logo issue reported in this Community and we will have a fix in place with the next release. 

As always, we greatly appreciate and value your feedback.

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II
Re: Fios interface Changes Based On Your Feedback!
Gladlys
Enthusiast - Level 2

What about northern Virginia?

Karlondo
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new guide is crap.

- Slower response to any key press on my remote

- No color coding (sports, movies, series, etc.)

- if you hit (info) when you are on a channel in the guide, you get the details for that program but you can't hit "back" to go back to the same spot in the guide

- It's dark and not very visually pleasing

- oh yeah, it's slooooooow. Slower than dirt!!!

DahlekKahn
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't wait for the change to make it to Fredericksburg, the guide version I have right now in horrid.

I hate the new guide.
the font for the channel numbers is difficult to see from across the room, the old font was much better.

There is no accessibility option for large font for persons with disabilities in their vision, needing a larger font to be able to read the guide.  I'd think that was an ADA requirement.

I don't want a thumbnail of the show the guide is browsing past, I want the current channel playing in the window so I'm not missing my current show while browsing the guide.

Why do you keep advertising guide features that don't exist? there is no option for "my most watched"?  You keep popping it up in the cards but I still can't find it.

Last channel feature is a nightmare, consuming time and resources to pull up that graphic list of multiple options, when I only want to bounce back to the last channel I was watching without having to wait 15 seconds for it to render a graphic option list..

Why is the dvr chapter (skip ahead in 10 min increments) missing? I used that a lot to get back to the point where I fell asleep.

And why is that feature not available in On Demand? If too many of my neighbors are using up bandwidth and my movie gets dropped from excessive buffering/timeout, I can't easily get back to where I started.  fast forwarding at only 2x is not only annoying, but it makes me use up your bandwidth passing all the frames instead of skipping ahead 10 minutes and avoiding that amount of data transfer.

whythechanges
Enthusiast - Level 2

What about Richmond, VA???

0 Likes
2poodles1
Enthusiast - Level 3

What about color coding program and including program details like teams playing in the guide?

LB310
Enthusiast - Level 2

Assuming this is one of many more updates to come? Can’t view other channels info while watching a recorded show? Don’t understand. Can’t exit out gracefully from viewing channel info, back button doesn’t work or because it’s slow it’s kicked you back to live TV. I simply do not understand which highly paid person(s) made this dumb decision to release such an awful product. Fire them. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Nads1
Enthusiast - Level 1

How about Long Island, NY?

Re: New Fios Guide
disappointed101
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with the other posts about the new guide issues.  I am so disappointed in the new changes and would like them to change it back to how it used to be.  It's hard to read and the black and white color scheme isn't very clear on a 41" TV screen.  Our remotes are difficult to use now, the buttons have to be pressed very slowly and oftentimes the wrong numbers appear and we have to re-enter them.  Very frustrating. For the money we spend on our Verizon monthly service, I really feel as though they should try to fix the problems.

het100
Enthusiast - Level 3

When will the update go to Southern Westchester, NY? Are there plans to bring back color coding on the guide? That is a must! Please provide a nationwide schedule for the update so that everyone knows when to expect it.