Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
Jahumo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree, our remote is so sluggish. We can’t ever get to the right channel... if I want 503 it usually lands on 50...it’s awful, it’s impossible to read, and everything else everyone is complaining  about 

Re: Fios interface Changes Based On Your Feedback!
Bunny14
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do you do full day jumps in the guide now?

0 Likes
Kareoke
Enthusiast - Level 1

Totally agree with most complaints:

1) Missing Chapters options

2) Guide is too cluttered with over (information) , missing color category guide

3) Channel change function delayed causing lag and mistakes

neugierig
Enthusiast - Level 1

Finally someone mentions the "chaptering" in #1 of your post. I don't know why others are not bothered by this. It's driving me nuts for the exact reasons you described. FiOS -- Fix This!

TomR2018
Enthusiast - Level 1
Spoiler
Horrible EPG update

What is the problem with testing an update BEFORE you push it out to your users? This update is so slow it is extremely frustrating to use. The delay while pressing buttons makes it virtually unusable. The color scheme makes it so difficult to read, and the pop up banner on the bottom of the show is way too large, you cannot always see the entire title. Televisions are getting larger, we do not need the text to be so gigantic, please correct three terrible issues. Please give us the option of reverting back to the old guide!!

InsideOut1
Enthusiast - Level 1

In the real world, there is User Acceptance Testing, where a select group of analyst test the software before it is released to the targeted audience. I imagine it did not happen here.

Jahumo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exactly, I’ve managed user testing before, I keep thinking, “no way”

F_PK
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK , got the Oct update that's "supposed" to fix the disaster Sept guide update. I'm NOT impressed! It's a "patch" that improves one or two issues, but it's still SLOOOOW to respond to the remote. Missing almost all of the features & functions of the previous guide. Still a **bleep** as far as I'm concerned.

Verizon broke something that didn't need fixing and now they are trying to claw back some good will.

Sorry Verizon your broke the "GUIDE" and broke any loyalty THIS long time customer had.  All this aggravation for hundreds of dollars a month.

Thanks for nothing!!!

Southern2356
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree.  It's a band-aid and a rather poor one at that.  Just go back to the old guide.  Everyone will shut up and go home.

Kevo721
Enthusiast - Level 2

THANK GOD!  As of 10/27, there has been an update with MAJOR improvements to the guide and the info bar.  However now when you are flipping quickly through channels, the only thing that displays is the channel number an logo.  You can no longer see the show title unless you slowly flip channel up and down.  This is annoying, since before the initial update, flipping through channels was blazing fast and showed the show names as you were flipping.  I’m hopeful that this lag in displaying the show titles can be corrected?   Another thing is that we do not need to see the info bar when skipping forward or backwards as we are watching shows.  It’s distracting and irrelevant/not needed.  What’s the point of showing that when we are skipping forward or back?  I think the on-screen arrows are sufficient.  Overall, this is so much better than the disaster of the last update but it still needs further fixes and/or “options” so your customers can choose how they like to see things.  

0 Likes