Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
nonstoptwo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Bad it's just bad when you cannot see the channel numbers. Cheaply and poorly done. 

Re: Fios interface Changes Based On Your Feedback!
nonstoptwo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope, no amount of cheerleading will make this better, Verizon has really made this useless. 

nonstoptwo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agreed, I see no evidence of any testing on a basic level. Incompetence shines through here. 

Re: Fios interface Changes Based On Your Feedback!
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Same way you always did. By using the FFWD button

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Chaptering is back with the new release.

het100
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got the APR 7.5 update today. It's a band aid, not a fix at all. It returns pip and chaptering, that's it. There is still no program color coding, the guide is way too cluttered, constantly lags and all of the features we loved in the prior guide such as easy access to a mini guide are all gone. Sorry, but I am not at all satisfied by this "fix". Roll it back to the prior guide! Verizon, that is what every single subscriber on this forum wants you to do. Just do it. 

@Scott804 wrote:

This week Fios pushed out interface updates for their TV services. After nearly 3 hours in chats, I was finally told that there is no way to roll back updates once loaded and they base new update options based on posts in the forum. Below are my complaints that they will only fix with enough support on here, if you have the same issues, please mark the post. 

1. They removed the chapter function for recorded programs on the dvr (the up arrow that would allow you to move to any 10 min marker in a program).

2. The new Now and Next function causes latency when switching channels. Even after setting it to 0 seconds. 

3. They removed the ability to view a single channel lineup in the tv guide. In the past I would just hit guide a second time to see the next 5-10 shows on a single channel. 

4. Finally, I just find the prettier guide view harder to actually read and process. Not sure if it is the number of channels,  dark screen, or just that it is too busy.  Turning off the background video helped a little, but not much. 

JinLauel
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also opened an account to complain about the new guide.  What a mess.  If I open the guide to see what else is on, I loose the video of the channel I am on and only get the audio.  Nor can I see the channel names/logos on the left column--just the really useful "TV" letters.  Why would you disable features and act like you have improved matters?  

Chasevt
Enthusiast - Level 1

Like others I created an account on this forum for the sole purpose of posting about the guide changes. I can’t stand the new guide. I miss the color coding of program types (green for sports, red for movies, etc). I also miss the ability to hit the up button and see a short version of the guide that allows you to keep watching while scrolling through other channels for something else. I used that feature constantly and now the up bottom only brings up detail on the existing channel. The new guide is also extremely laggy and not as fast as the old one.  Please change it back!!!

Longislandviewe
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wanted to thank Verizon for listening to customers and bring back many of the features we missed with the 'upgrade'. Specifically picture in picture on guide and my favorite feature ever of chapter skipping on the DVR. Thank you very much!

Re: Verizon Fios TV One Box Spontaneously Turning On TV
Jaywoody1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm infuriated with this update. I went with Verizon for their DVR package and now everytime I go forward/back, hit FF/Rewind, it takes up half my screen with the overlay. I know what button I hit. I certainly don't need an 8 sec overlay to tell me I hit skip 30 secs and what program I'm watching. Its awful. They say the chaptering is back with the next update. The fact is the whole update needs to be removed and the team that put this together needs to be fired. This is an absolute atrocity. My contract is up in 16 days. Glad I didn't renew yet. I'd be screwed for 2 more years. Someone who has been thinking of cutting the cord just had their decision made a lot easier.