Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
Bluespeyer
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live in eastern PA and got the 7.5 update late last night. I hope it's just a temporary patch, because it looks only marginally better now. The decrease to fewer channels on the guide menu is a start in the right direction. However the annoying latency issue remains. It still takes several exasperating seconds for an input to be executed.

Most importantly, why was the color coding for movies and sports not returned?? How hard could it be to do? I can't imagine it's a prohibitive cost for verizon. Of the countless specific complaints detailed on here by customers, the removal of the colors ranks number one. And clearly they were proved in the past to be extremely helpful, otherwise the old guide wouldn't have used them for years and years in the first place!!

If you too want the color coding returned, please write a post saying so. It appears verizon is listening and willing to make continued changes to this fiasco of an update. Maybe another 50 or so pages of our discontent will spur them to act quickly on it.

Tyreeeejde
Enthusiast - Level 2

The guide is only now about halfway to acceptable. Verizon: Add color coding and speed up processing times; only then

will it be acceptable.

Re: Recent Update Problems
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why can't I press guide twice anymore to see and scroll down on a specific channel?. This is really annoying. Is there anyway to fix it?

furry
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's good to see some of the issues resolved finally.  Frankly, I was never even aware of the "color coding" concerns that many subscribers complained about.  Didn't even know about that feature for all the years of using FiOS.

My biggest complaint is still the incredibly slow response to button inputs (latency).  That needs to be fixed immediately.

0 Likes
LWL2
Enthusiast - Level 1

These are the same problems I've been experiencing.  It's not a learning curve for me--been using is for three weeks.  

The chapter function for recorded programs on the dvr is essential.

Pressing guide twice would bring up a vertically listed guide.  This is important because it shows the whole evening at a glance and it gives options to users who have preference.  The new guide is hard to read and I don't need to see a huge picture of the TV show, just the name and channel number and logo.

The next function is sort of useless because so much of it is cut-off due to space limitations that you have to press INFO to actually read it anyway.

Channel "neighborhoods" are useful, but do not encompass all channels in that category nor are they correct.  And why should I have to go to another screen, when the color categories were there at a glance.

Also, there is a lag when I dial in a channel number, sometimes counting it twice, sometimes not at all--channel 225 is sometimes 25, 2225 for example.  When changing with the Channel +- button, there is also a lag.  There is also a lag when scrolling across the channel guide with the arrow buttons.

I know new things take getting used to, but this is a step back, when features are removed for no apparent reason.

-thanks

Re: Fios interface Changes Based On Your Feedback!
rehickson
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hope these changes actually improve the guide.

The small and blurry guide, and the lag time when opening the guide and changing channels is a serious problem. I hope Verizon realizes that the guide is really the only reason many people, including myself, keep cable and don't move to streaming exclusively. So the guide is VERY important and I need to be able to read it. 

cj510
Enthusiast - Level 1

VERY VERY SLOW

jsh139_
Enthusiast - Level 1

Got the update that put the PiP in the guide back. If they can bring back the color-coding in the guide, I’d be happy. 

Another feature I really miss is being able to hit fwd and reverse skip in the guide to scroll to the next time block. These buttons do nothing now. I can still scroll by day with fast fwd and rewind buttons but no way to go two hours at a time like you could before. You have to go show by show with the D-pad. 

Goalie71
Enthusiast - Level 2

Appreciate that picture-in-picture is back on the guide, but please restore the ability to change the picture size. I prefer a larger picture and a smaller guide. Please restore color coding as well.

AMC11
Enthusiast - Level 1

I created an account on this forum just so I could say how horrible the new TV guide and system is. The guide is so hard to read with the black on white. There are so many graphics -- the image of the channel logo, then the image of the show logo, then the show name. Why do we need all these teeny tiny images? We can't even see them, they're just clutter. Then you got rid of the color coding for the show types, which makes it harder to scroll through. The process of changing the channel take so much longer. This "now and next" is incredibly stupid. I just went through the guide, I know what is on "now and next." Why would I want this on the bottom third of my screen blocking view of the show for 8 seconds. I figured out how to get rid of it, but it was a hassle. Same for the "last" button. You made a one-step switch take 3 steps! Then you got rid of the picture-in-picture in the guide. WHY????? I want to see another picture of the shows I'm scrolling through? NO, I want to see the show I'm watching!

I read that you get your ideas for changes from the forum, so here is my idea. Go back to the previous guide.  The new one is incredibly hard to read and is horrible. Instead of spending my money coming up with needless changes, just stop raising my prices and stop changing the guide!