Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
2poodles1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Newest update fixes some problems of the previous disaster.  However, many channel logos are still unreadable on a 65” screen - specifically, NFL network (I know the channel number  so know which it is), the ESPN networks (can’t distinguish among them), some network on my channel 590 - can’t read it to know what it is, channel 594, 579, 529, 596 and many more.  Maybe we’re not supposed to decide what to watch based on the network . . .?

if we had color coding, we could at least determine the type of show.  And it’s still slow. If they’d just bring back what we had, all these issues would be solved. Why they believe that fixing some of them, not all, constitutes a solution is a mystery to me. 

DCCyclist
Enthusiast - Level 1

Horrible. Will seriously consider alternative service. I see not a single benefit in the update. Nothing but poor latency and terrible graphics. Fios, What was your goal in this stupid update?? I would fire your staff that was responsible for this.

Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
TallGuyVA
Enthusiast - Level 2

"However, many channel logos are still unreadable on a 65” screen"

At least you have logos.  I got the 7.5 update yesterday and all the channels on the guide still show the logo as "TV".    100% useless.

bristollucy
Contributor - Level 1

PIP is back and the text is slightly larger.  No color coding and the latency is driving me crazy!  Here in southeastern PA.

LB310
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not sure I've noticed the updates made during this last release.  The issues I see are still happening

1) While watching a recorded show, the down arrow, no longer brings up the guide to allow you to scroll through the channels. 

2) While watching LIVE TV and scrolling through the guide, if you enter a channel #, it use to take you to that channel in the guide which was very helpful, now when you enter a channel, it changes the station to that channel.

3) We don't need a LARGE picture that takes up half the screen and while viewing other shows on the same channel, the current channels info remains, not useful. 

4) I hardly ever use/used the full guide, as there was no need, the previous version did everything it needed to. 

I LOVED the previous version, it was efficient and effective. Now it's just a clunky mess. The new version could not have been tested or even reviewed from a user perspective as there's too much out of order and is not at all user friendly. No tester in their right mind would have signed off on the results. Remember Verizon, without Customers, you do not exist. 

DoctorBen
Enthusiast - Level 1

I, too, registered solely to post my opinion of this worthless update (sic).

My son dumped Verizon cable and went with all internet. Verizon will now force me to take this route.

Newguideconcern
Enthusiast - Level 3

One small step by Fios, but one great leap is still necessary! The latency issue is driving us nuts. The missing colors is simply inexcusable! I remember when the old guide first came out, the colors were very muted and difficult to pick out when scanning channels and they fixed it! Now, fix it again! We also had channel entry latency issues before and they fixed that...fix it again! Does VZ even care any more? My $300++ per month bill paid for this horrible customer abuse!

2poodles1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tonight new update left me unable to access the channel guide at all.  A 10- minute call to Verizon took care of it. But now it is SO SLOW.  Took me literally 5 seconds for the guide to come up after call to Verizon.  I hate it.  More every day.  

NullPointer
Enthusiast - Level 1

VER

SLW

Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update ---AND ANOTHER PROBLEM
F_PK
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's seems like Caller ID stopped working on the IPC1100 STB.  Error Message started when Sept Update downloaded.   I want Caller ID back on ALL my STB's. Is that TOO MUCH to ask for hundreds of $ a month?   Keep patching Verizon.... or you could just roll back to previous version that ACTUALLY WORKED!