Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
LB310
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still can’t view the guide by hitting the down arrow while watching a recorded show. I never had to use the guide button in the past, just down arrow to view channel info worked just fine. VERIZON PLEASE LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS. We are NOT HAPPY WITH THE UPGRADE. 

LB310
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’m able to see the channel icons. Maybe I shouldn’t say that too loud, Verizon might break mine too. 

Re: Channel guide blank
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@mgklank1 wrote:

I just can’t understand how you can continue to upgrade these guides and interfaces without a tutorial or manual explaining how to use the upgrades???? How do you troubleshoot an issue with the new guide? For instance I can’t see the channel icons on the left side of my guide screen. A generic tv icon on every channel just can’t replace the actual channel icons????? We pay $250.00 we should be getting better service then this plain and simple.

The channel icons should have been restored with the latest patch. Check to see if your box is running APR 7.5 in Menu>Settings>system information.

0 Likes
JR441
Enthusiast - Level 2

It’s been almost a month since the change. What is taking so long to fix these issues?

2poodles1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Fixing involves admitting it’s broken and Verizon wants to believe - and wants us to believe - the new system is great. 

Of course, that means Verizon thinks we’re all **bleep** b/c we obviously can’t see the great benefits of this up— I mean downgrade.  

Re: Fios interface Changes Based On Your Feedback!
Donfranko
Enthusiast - Level 1

Instead of Phd workarounds why don't you do user acceptance testing (UAT) BEFORE rolling out changes.  The new guide is horrible as majority agree.

If you can't roll it back then program it back then develop a new guide based on comments here and extensive UAT

imlazar
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have APR 7.5 and still no channel icons 😞 

bristollucy
Contributor - Level 1

No steam lost here.If nothing happens any time soon, folks will give up. Let's hear from another  900 or so people.

bristollucy
Contributor - Level 1

You are NOT alone. 

AGW-1980
Enthusiast - Level 3

This Guide Update is broken, and despite multiple fix attempts, it seems Verizon will not or cannot fix the problems.  Maybe they'd like us customers to volunteer to write the software code?