Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
Latestdowngrade
Enthusiast - Level 1

Shameful. 

First I pay for an “upgrade” to Bluetooth remotes (that don’t work).  But it’s okay,  I don’t mind donating more of my hard-earned money to help Verizon on their quest toward 21st-century technology.  Clearly, they need our funding to catch up with the times.   I mean, do they even make a remote that turns a device on and off yet?  

Seems curious that you can’t set a favorites guide preference and actually have it be there when you regrettably return to it the next day.  Hmmm.  Wonder what they’re up to there.  

Once I tried  to sign on thinking I could get the time!  I did manage to sign on, but I think the clock feature was extra, so I reminded myself that times are tough--especially for a little company like Verizon, and sometimes you have to cut corners.  

Heh, heh, heh!  They do keep me laughing, though.   They have a ”feature” now that EVERYBODY is raving about-- yep!  -- A guide background video!  Just in case you want to watch shadows of your favorite TV show along the outside edges of the visually prohibitive guide.  This is amazing!  

There are not enough characters in Review Box Land to come close to listing what is wrong with this pathetic situation that for some reason I kept paying for.   But

”Garbage” seems like enough.  

Fire Mr. Fix-it and hire a software engineer.  

Kjsmile
Enthusiast - Level 1

This new update to the guide is really hurting my eyes and very hard to read and navigate, and it’s slow. Is there any way to revert back to the old one?

Re: Fios interface Changes Based On Your Feedback!
Kjsmile
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for the solutions but this guide is still very hard on the eyes.  It appears blurry and gives me headaches. I think you all have had enough complaints about how hard it is to read that you should be providing another option. The dark background and white writing is awful. 

ReginaS1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here we are over a month since this update and they still haven’t fixed the last rail. I don’t get why it seems so hard to fix..it’s often there in the morning and gone in the afternoon. Sometimes it only shows what you watched on dvr and not what you watched on tv. I’ve had multiple chats and have been promised a fix..me and 1000 others...why is this so hard to fix. Please do not tell me to reboot the box..been there done that....just fix it 

bob550
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since this update launched, tuning to an HBO channel results in a banner notification of the availability of On Demand that obliterates the bottom quarter of the screen for around 9 seconds. This banner will display only after the information overlay has disappeared. While pressing the exit button will remove the banner, this is just another aggravation with this update. I don't know if this is generated by HBO or Verizon, but like so many aspects of this update, this could have been much better designed. It would have been far more agreeable, for example, if the background was transparent. Is there a way to disable this in the menu, or is this yet another pain to have to live with?

bristollucy
Contributor - Level 1

My son and I are in Southeastern PA. We each have the same version and build as see below. And yet, while I still suffer the column that reads, "TV",  he has all the channel icons. What the heck!image

RG6251
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm in Monmouth County in NJ with the same hardware and firmware versions as you and my channel icons are MISSING as well.

AND... when you change channels, the info bar not only does NOT display channel icons, but the NAME OF THE CHANNEL/NETWORK HAS THE SMALLEST text in the info bar AND with most channels, those names are abbreviated beyond recognition. THIS IS COMPLETE NOVICE.  VERY poor design..... and PAINFULLY SLOW.

If the channel/network icons were present in a LEGIBLE, LARGE, and CLEAR way (use common sense), then I wouldn't care so much about the POOR text display of channel/network names. But right now, channel names are all we have.

JR441
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still no channel icons just “TV.”

Unbelievable.

bristollucy
Contributor - Level 1

Absolutely UNBELIEVABLE! 

RG6251
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon can still save money by firing the software team and....

...JUST ROLL IT BACK!  (And make everyone happy..)

TWO BASIC BUSINESS ETHICS:

-Customers always come first.
-Customers are always right.